Boards Examinations

Started by Food4ever
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Food4ever

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

I am going to be starting optometry school this fall in CA. I wanted to know more about the boards. Is it aaaa prts system that you take in 3rd or 4th year? Or is it a one time examination in 4th year? Can someone please describe how the boards work? Thank you in advance for the help!
 
I believe you start taking them your 3rd year. My optometrist was saying she took them earlier around her 2nd year at Pacific but that was some time ago. There are 3 parts for NBEO!
 
"Student candidates must be in the spring of their third academic year to take the new Part I exam. There will be three opportunities to sit for Part I prior to graduation."