Boards part 1 and GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

handoverfist77

Spiral out. Keep going.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long does your school give you to study for part 1 of boards? I'm talking completely free time where you are not taking any classes or have any obligations.

Also, when applying for clerkships and residency programs do they just see your GPA as a single number, or do they see your entire transcript?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Along the same lines...

When did you start studying for boards pt 1? A few of my friends in med school recommend starting in January, but their boards are not pass/fail....would I be wasting my time to start so early? \hijack

the caspr crip process for applying to residency is an online application process. Your school will be required to upload all clinical evaluations and a full transcript. You yourself will be able to upload your cvs, lors, and other supporting documentation

in first year i started studying one month before and had no problem passing the exam. this is a push though i would try doing and intense review at least 2-3 mo before. also try doing reviews with friends in groups and bounce pimp questions off each other

goodluck