Bombed MMI Station

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rick Grimes

Carl
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know for a fact I bombed at least 1 out of the 8 MMI stations at the school I last interviewed with. There was an ethical dilemma that asked an opinion, then what would I do as this patient’s physician. I know that I am supposed to consider opposing arguments and weigh the consequences but this was my first scenario-based station and all my prep just went out the window.

I stated the issue at hand, gave my stance, then explained what I would do as this patient’s physician. I didn’t either consider opposing opinions! I know one station usually isn’t a big deal, but I’m worried this is a big red flag. This was one of two scenario-based stations. At the first, the interviewer gave very good feedback. There was one other opinion-based station where I think I did alright considering other possibilities and defending my answer. Am I screwed?
 
It’s going to be impossible to tell as nobody knows the school or the people judging you or how everyone else did. It’s over so it is what it is now. GL sending good juju your way
 
I know for a fact I bombed at least 1 out of the 8 MMI stations at the school I last interviewed with. There was an ethical dilemma that asked an opinion, then what would I do as this patient’s physician. I know that I am supposed to consider opposing arguments and weigh the consequences but this was my first scenario-based station and all my prep just went out the window.

I stated the issue at hand, gave my stance, then explained what I would do as this patient’s physician. I didn’t either consider opposing opinions! I know one station usually isn’t a big deal, but I’m worried this is a big red flag. This was one of two scenario-based stations. At the first, the interviewer gave very good feedback. There was one other opinion-based station where I think I did alright considering other possibilities and defending my answer. Am I screwed?
What's done is done.

On to the next interview!