Book for 4th year going into psych

Started by musm2008
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

musm2008

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, sorry for posting another "what book" thread, but I figured you guys would know the most. I'm an almost 4th year going into psych. My school does not have a neuro clerkship and no real meaningful neuro 4th year elective. I am taking a reading elective to focus on neuro before any of my away electives.

So I'm looking for book that's concise, covers the basics, and can be read in a few weeks.

Any ideas?
 
Lange neurology is pretty brief and decent
Neurology and Neurosurgery Illustrated is a great first book. 4th edition is out and pretty up to date. It really helped me through neuro/nsgy.
Fenichel is a great neuro book if you do a peds neuro rotation.
Enjoy, neuro rotations are actually quite fun.