Book recommendation for Sugery Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlondeCookie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need a book recommendation for my surgery rotation. I'm not going to have a lot of time for reading, so I'd prefer something that isn't too detailed, but I don't want too much of a bullet point outline. What has worked well for you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Surgical Recall for pimping and prep before surgeries.

NMS Casebook for otherwise studying.

Surgical Recall for pimping and prep before surgeries.

NMS Casebook for otherwise studying.

Cool. I think I might add Surg Recall to my med library for a short quick guide.

I had a look at the NMS Casebook last week. If I recall correctly the pics weren't in color and the formatting seemed kinda old and hard on the eyes. I'm sure it's a decent book, but it just looked notso great. Is the book you are talking about the one with just cases and nothing else (ie no explanations). Do you think I will be ok without an actual surgery textbook?

Is there another one you or anyone thinks might be a good replacement for the NMS book. What about the Textbook of Surg by Tjandre or Principles and Practice of Surgery or that Principles of Surgery book by Schwartz??? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Any thoughts on First Aid for Surgery Clerkship?