• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

DavidHasselhoff

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm looking for a decent pocket reference for cards and some larger textbook that is worthwhile...any suggestions?

I'm looking first for a decent, quick read to broaden my knowledge first. The Washington Manual looked okay. Any thoughts?

jayjay1978

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2004
Status (Visible)
Cleveland Clinic has a Cardiovascular Manual. It covers just about any topic you can think of and is concise. It's not really pocket size though--a bit more sizeable. But it's a great resource.

GooglieGoo

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
Have you tried a search? It's been discussed before. I decided that the Washington Consult manual was probably the best for me, but in the end I used journals a ton.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.