need suggestion about VSD 4mm

Discussion in 'Cardiology' started by lelebaba, 09.27.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lelebaba

lelebaba

I am a ordinary father from China, I know a little English so this thread maybe have some incorrect words. Hope you can unstander me.
    My daughter is discovered have a VSD 4mm and left heart is a little bigger when she was 7days old. I met severl doctors and they said she must be have a thoracotome . Because the baby is too small they said keep inspecting every six months, and do operation when she was 2 years old.
    During this time , I find some ducoments on internet , someone say the simple VSD 4mm is not need to do the operation because the risk is higher than income , but more people said if we do nothing , the heart will grow worse and my daughter's life will in danger.
    My daughter is 1 year and 10 months old now, she grow up very well (92cm/13.5kg ) better than average. So I am very very struggle on the choose do or not do operation, I worried the scar will give her troubles. I want to know what treatment will be used in abroad.
    Hope you give me a professional advice or tell me a place I can get some information, thank you very much!

If this block is not for this thread , hope admin dont delete it , move to the right block,thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

About the ads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.