Jun 8, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
This past month I've read lots of books about medicine and being a doctor. I have read Better, Complications, Checklist Manifesto, and Do No Harm.

I am now looking for books about what medical school is like/ experiences , rather than what being a doctor is like!
What are some books about med school? Preferably somewhat current books!
Thanks so much!!!

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
This past month I've read lots of books about medicine and being a doctor. I have read Better, Complications, Checklist Manifesto, and Do No Harm.

I am now looking for books about what medical school is like/ experiences , rather than what being a doctor is like!
What are some books about med school? Preferably somewhat current books!
Thanks so much!!!
Gentle vengeance: An account of the first year at Harvard Medical School Hardcover – 1981

by Charles LeBaron (Author)

LeBaron, who entered the Harvard Medical School at the age of thirty-four, chronicles his attempts to challenge the medical establishment and to encourage the world's leading training ground for physicians to produce more humane doctors

It is one of the first books by a non-trad and one of the first to start pushing for doctors as humans

Last edited:

Crayola227

The Oncoming Storm
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
All of Time & Space
we had a thread about this recently. Might be best to go check it out and revive it to keep it going.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
we had a thread about this recently. Might be best to go check it out and revive it to keep it going.
Unless the thread had a DNR

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
In the 1980s , Perri Klass wrote a series of columns for the New York Times about beings an M3 at Harvard Med School. You can find them online if you have a subscription (which is cheap if you are a student).

Reactions: it'sabeautifullife