Books: Baker's Flaps vs Cohen's Atlas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

curiousjorge

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Young resident here trying to figure out how to spend my gold. I already have Myers Operative Techniques and I have Cummings and Baileys. As for my next book, I'm trying to decide between Dr. James Cohen's new operative atlas and Dr. Baker's local flaps book. It seems like the Cohen Atlas would be more relevant to my overall ENT training, but I've heard such great things about the Baker book. Is Baker that useful for those not intending to pursue facial plastics? Does anyone know much about the Cohen book? It's so new. Anyway, for an early resident, do you think the Cohen atlas would be an overall better purchase? (I have little intention of pursuing FP.)

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Young resident here trying to figure out how to spend my gold. I already have Myers Operative Techniques and I have Cummings and Baileys. As for my next book, I'm trying to decide between Dr. James Cohen's new operative atlas and Dr. Baker's local flaps book. It seems like the Cohen Atlas would be more relevant to my overall ENT training, but I've heard such great things about the Baker book. Is Baker that useful for those not intending to pursue facial plastics? Does anyone know much about the Cohen book? It's so new. Anyway, for an early resident, do you think the Cohen atlas would be an overall better purchase? (I have little intention of pursuing FP.)

Thanks

Buy the atlas. Baker (or Ian Jackson's flap book) is good too but less relevant for your current training level. If you develop interest in plastics, you can always get one of them later.
 
I just ordered this atlas from the synthes site. They just added the atlas to their resident store. It is only 250 points which is a few hours of work.