books for gyn. pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vallmo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice for gyn. pathology literature? I'd prefer something not too concise, but rather elaborate. What about ex. "Robboy's Pathology Of The Female Reproductive Tract?"

Members don't see this ad.

Kurman's little endometrial biopsy book is $$$

I thought Crum was only really good for the placenta part and maybe uterus and ovary.

Sternberg is really the best for ovary (spans several chapters neoplastic and non neoplastic) The chapters are all coauthored by robert young, robert scully, and one other prominent gyne path)

Nobody does a good job with cervix. Unfortunately Crum seems to have written the chapter in all of the major texts that I have seen and his approach seems quite convoluted. I think Blaustein may do a decent job.

just my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the help!
I think gyn. path is one of the most difficult areas in surgical pathology, so i hope i'll find some helpful literature..

thanks for the help!
I think gyn. path is one of the most difficult areas in surgical pathology, so i hope i'll find some helpful literature..

I like the Robboy book. I used it much more than the Blaustein text, although there were times I went back to that book as well. The AFIP book is really good for Placenta.

Kurman's Blaustein is great for an overall text. There is also a fantastic atlas, The Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology by Clement and Young that is part of Elsevier's Atlases in Diagnostic Surgical Pathology and is heavy on the pictures. The endometrial book by Kurman that was previously mentioned is indispensible, but obviously only covers endometrium.