Books for SA rotating internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whyevernot55

OKSU 2016!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anything in particular that people love or have found helpful? I am making my Christmas list and want to ask for some vet med books! I already have Blackwell's canine and feline 5 minute consult, and just got the Saunders Emergency Procedures for the SA Veterinarian, since our annual fall conference has a great Elsevier discount.

Members don't see this ad.

My top references:

Plumb's drug handbook
VIN (not a book, I know, but my most-used reference after Plumb)
Hnilica's Small Animal Dermatology
Slatter's ophthalmology textbook
Fossum's surgery text

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used Cote the most as well. If your clinic doesn't already have one, a toxicology book could be helpful too since not everyone will call poison control.

sigh, i wanted to pick up CVT back in october. my parents asked me what they could get for my birthday, and i told them to get me a used copy for $70. instead they just gave me money to do it myself. i never got around to doing it, and now any used books are double in price. :mad:

sigh, i wanted to pick up CVT back in october. my parents asked me what they could get for my birthday, and i told them to get me a used copy for $70. instead they just gave me money to do it myself. i never got around to doing it, and now any used books are double in price. :mad:
are you going to any conferences soon? You may be able to get a better deal at an exhibition hall.

are you going to any conferences soon? You may be able to get a better deal at an exhibition hall.
i wish. no time off as an intern, and definitely no money to attend a conference, particularly at the rate i'm hemorrhaging to apply for residencies

i wish. no time off as an intern, and definitely no money to attend a conference, particularly at the rate i'm hemorrhaging to apply for residencies
you wanna PM me exactly what you want? And a phone number? I can check for you when I go to NAVC and text you prices

If you are still interested: new Cote book is $60 at amazon now + you can use 10$ off with code 25OFFBOOK. Code will work till Dec 14.