Books for Sub I

Started by 504196
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

5

504196

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, about to start my sub-I in surgery next month. Any good pocket books you recommend I carry around? I found pocket medicine to be useful during my medicine rotation. Is pocket surgery any good? Any other books? I didn't carry any books during my third year surgery rotation and did fine with reading deVirgillo outside of the hospital. Just wondering if I should step up my game for the sub i?
 
Hey everyone, about to start my sub-I in surgery next month. Any good pocket books you recommend I carry around? I found pocket medicine to be useful during my medicine rotation. Is pocket surgery any good? Any other books? I didn't carry any books during my third year surgery rotation and did fine with reading deVirgillo outside of the hospital. Just wondering if I should step up my game for the sub i?

Yes, you need to step up your game as a sub I. Beinhg able to regurgitate facts and ask intelligent questions coupled with seeming eager/interested can be "enough" for 3rd year. As a subI, you need to start showing you can function as an intern. This includes understanding how to evaluate surgical patients and formulate a plan independently (though you will certainly run this by a resident before executing). For that, I would recommend something like the Mont Reid Handbook. For specific cases, I would recommend reading the relevant chapter in Cameron's.