Books for Sub-I

Discussion in 'Urology' started by jbf303, Feb 10, 2010.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. jbf303

jbf303

Feb 10, 2010
    What are the best books to have in preparation for sub-I? Is there an anatomy book that people recommend? Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good 10+ Year Member

Sep 30, 2002
  4. Tori's dad

Tori's dad Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 15, 2006

IMHO, I think that is a little much. Campbell's is way to big to be useful at this point. Stick with a Weider's in your pocket, try to have something cheap and concise at home like Smith's and I agree with the Netter's PRN. No offense intended Felipe.

5. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good 10+ Year Member

Sep 30, 2002
    non taken---our students and residents get free access to campbell's online which can come in very handy but I wouldn't go out and buy it for a sub-I. Unfortunately when studying for cases, Weiders or Smiths won't give you any information regarding operative techniques/approaches or post-operative expectations. This is typically advanced material and our students aren't expected to be experts at all, but knowing whats going on and having well placed questions regarding technique and different approaches can be quite impressive IMHO. But yeah, weiders and netter can get you pretty far

6. Tori's dad

Tori's dad Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Forget Wieders, its my contention that if you can identify Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney and ACDC music while in the OR with Dr. Thrasher, you'll do well during a rotation at KUMC.