Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aau22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going into my MS1 year and just was looking over some things and I was wondering if books that are only recommended but not required are reimbursed without any problems. If I can get a reimbursement I will likely buy all the books they suggest but I just wanted to check with you guys. Also, who is the school official you generally go to to sign the reimbursement form? I wasn't sure if it'd be financial aid or someone in the bursar's office or even just the professors that teach the class as they will know which books were required. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get it signed off at school, they will pay for it. The military doesn't have a list of what books are required for your school and term, so they have to rely on the school official who signs off on the reimbursement request. As for who signs off, I go to one of the student services folk at my school, present her with the form and my receipts, and she signs away.

“Reimbursement is authorized only for required purchases related to obtaining the health care degree authorized under the HPSP.”

Our school usually gives students a list of "recommended" books and it is up to the student to choose which books to buy. I just type a letter stating "such and such books meet the requirement for X course" and asked the program director for the course to sign. Reimbursement hasn't been a problem for me.