Bored Guy in an Airport AMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toros102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO SDN! Currently in hour 4 of a 10 hour layover on my way to Japan for a month long vacation. I got a 38 on the old MCAT, got into 2 med schools, have garbage EC's, teach the new MCAT for TPR, don't speak more than about 10 phrases of Japanese, and play way too much Magic: the Gathering. AMA.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is "where is the bathroom?" one of the phrases you know in Japanese?

"Toire doko des ka" or something like that :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you actually play Magic? Or are you one of those Modern plebes.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you actually play Magic? Or are you one of those Modern plebes.
I play commander, legacy, and modern at the moment. I stopped playing standard when my FNM buddy moved to Japan.

Also: your hiragana says YOOOOOOOOO

Somebody better ask a premed question or this thread is gonna get locked

How do you think your deck choice in Legacy will affect your ability to be a doctor?

Reactions: 3 users
I'll bite. Can you describe the process of being a TPR MCAT tutor? Is it worth the trouble? Also, what's it like teaching for the new MCAT when you've only taken the old one? Did you have to change your approach to teaching certain topics?

itterasshai!

You got two acceptances, so get off SDN and play some plants vs zombies or something. You deserve a break from medical shenanigans.

Reactions: 1 user
How do I get my puppy to take his vitamins?

Mix it in with his treats. Puppy don't know the difference.
I have tried to give them medicine wrap around in cheese and as soon as they get that medicine taste (yes, I did a test lick) they spit it out. One time they gave me liquid medicine to spray into their mouth and that **** is hard to do.

What's your opinion on the current Modern metagame?

It's diverse but it's not healthy. Modern's inability to self-police leads to a stale, non shifting meta unlike what you see in Legacy.

Last edited:
do you consider yourself a weaboo or no

How do you think your deck choice in Legacy will affect your ability to be a doctor?

Let's talk about how my being a doctor will affect my ability to make a deck choice. Dual lands ain't cheap! For any of you non magic players out there, go ahead and look up "volcanic island price". Right now I play dredge because when I built it, LED was only $10.

I'll bite. Can you describe the process of being a TPR MCAT tutor? Is it worth the trouble? Also, what's it like teaching for the new MCAT when you've only taken the old one? Did you have to change your approach to teaching certain topics?
Best decision I ever made. Essentially, for each of the 7 MCAT topics, you need to ace a test so you can be sent to a weekend training. But you need to show up to the training ready to teach the MCAT. The training is 22 hours in total and paid. You're getting paid to study for the MCAT.

Basically, I poured over all of the material that the AAMC released. It's all you can do. All in all, I think the only big change I needed to make was teaching biochemistry in depth.