Boring....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been pretty dull around here the last few days. It's as if everyone has been preoccupied with something else. Hmmmm....

Members don't see this ad.

I redecorated my fish tank and have been staring at it. Something's off, but I can't put my finger on it.

...but I have the feeling that's not what you were mentioning.

American Idol is to its twelve finalists is why.

I'm quiet because I've realized that if I'm going to show up to PA school with my Biochem grade in hand, I'll need to actually work on Biochem and get a decent grade on the final. It's a distance-ed course, so in theory I could drag it out, but being booted out of orientation would set a bad tone for my first year.

Also, work has been nuts lately. It's typical to have 12 critical cases in 10 hours for some reason, and they like to clump up into groups of 2 or more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. Still boring. For some reason I expect things will pick up soon.

Probably not until tomorrow afternoon. This has been more anxiety provoking than most thought it would be. This year has been very odd indeed.

Yeah. Still boring. For some reason I expect things will pick up soon.
Have you tried standing in "the back" (wherever y'all hang out when things are boring) and telling everyone within earshot (multiple times) how glad you are that things are so _______ (word that starts with "Q") because you really want to get out of there early and go ___________ (do whatever)

That usually cures our boredom real quick and often results in the bonus of overtime. But even with the OT, sometimes the hourly staff get...angry if you say the <shhhh>q word <shhhh> ( you didn't hear it from me)

I redecorated my fish tank and have been staring at it. Something's off, but I can't put my finger on it.

...but I have the feeling that's not what you were mentioning.

American Idol is to its twelve finalists is why.

Are all the fish present and accounted for?

I actually meant it was boring on SDN. However now it's exciting again. What is it about the middle of March?

But is it really? I'm glad that peeps I like have positions, but, hey, that's not exciting. That's just satisfying.

Now skiing down the back side of Steamboat in Christmas Tree Bowl is exciting. Given that all our peeps are awesome, Match Day is just satisfying.

Like I said. N'****.

Of note, this week wasn't quite so boring for me. Had my first patient, ever, threaten to sue me. Atleast, this was the first one I can recall. *sigh* Definately was a buzz-kill, cause it was teh first patient of my shift for that day. Oh well, I'm sure it will be the first of many!

Q

Of note, this week wasn't quite so boring for me. Had my first patient, ever, threaten to sue me. Atleast, this was the first one I can recall. *sigh* Definately was a buzz-kill, cause it was teh first patient of my shift for that day. Oh well, I'm sure it will be the first of many!

Q
I get threatened with a suit once or twice a week. It usually has to do with not providing unlimited Dilaudid or refusing to run the ED like a homeless shelter. My last one was a week ago. It was particularly amusing:
Pt: You gots no right to grab me like that and get all up in my face. You tied me down like a dog. I'm gonna sue your a--. My sister, she works for a lawyer. I'm gonna go down there tomorrow and sue you. You're gonna lose your job!
Me: You attacked your nurse.
Pt: That don't give you no right to grab me.
Whatever.