Boston Acceptance - 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aerodont

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All:
I received my BU acceptance thru regular mail this saturday. I attended the interview on 27th Oct. Very surprised and pleased to receive the decission so early.

I have seen that there is not a thread for posting BU acceptance alone. So, I am starting this one.

I am not from Boston and dont know much about securing a loan or where to live etc.. I would appreciate if anybody can post such info.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Aerodont said:
Hello All:
I received my BU acceptance thru regular mail this saturday. I attended the interview on 27th Oct. Very surprised and pleased to receive the decission so early.

I have seen that there is not a thread for posting BU acceptance alone. So, I am starting this one.

I am not from Boston and dont know much about securing a loan or where to live etc.. I would appreciate if anybody can post such info.

Thanks
Congratulations Aerodont and Sunita,
That's great u received the acceptance so soon
Sangmitr

Aerodont said:
Hello All:

Thanks
hi aerodnt
cld plz post ur scores ...bcz iam also intervied at bu ,eager to know that..

Members don't see this ad :)
Part 1 - 91
TOEFL - 280
GPA - 3.0

Good luck!

Aerodont said:
Part 1 - 91
TOEFL - 280
GPA - 3.0

Good luck!
hi aerodont
thank you very much for ur quick reply

I got BU acceptance letter on Friday, Nov 4. They ask us to put $3000 for deposit no later than 1 months.

Good luck to everyone.

hzq838 said:
I got BU acceptance letter on Friday, Nov 4. They ask us to put $3000 for deposit no later than 1 months.

Good luck to everyone.

hi, i got acceptance in BU . i received the letter thro ordinary mail on this saturday. good luck for everyone
bye, rag

rag said:
hi, i got acceptance in BU . i received the letter thro ordinary mail on this saturday. good luck for everyone
bye, rag
hello rag
congratulations on ur acceptance
cld u plz post ur stats and also when was ur interview day( either in 1st or in 2nd batch.).even iam waiting for the reply
thnaks

nmas6 said:
hello rag
congratulations on ur acceptance
cld u plz post ur stats and also when was ur interview day( either in 1st or in 2nd batch.).even iam waiting for the reply
thnaks

hi,
my stats is part 1 - 93 , toefl - 260 , gpa - 3.6
and i was in the 2nd batch.
don't worry, sometimes they send the result after a couple of weeks , even a month later - so don't lose ur hope, all the best

rag said:
hi,
my stats is part 1 - 93 , toefl - 260 , gpa - 3.6
and i was in the 2nd batch.
don't worry, sometimes they send the result after a couple of weeks , even a month later - so don't lose ur hope, all the best
hi rag
thanks for ur support

hi guys,
i was interviewed too at bu on 27th oct.i didn,t send a thankyou letter to ms janet peters.will that make a difference?my score is 92 and toefl 263 and gpa is 2.27.
i thought the interview went very well.guys who got the acceptance can you pls send me a msg whom you are interviewed with and how did it go and all that?
thankyou.

nprasad said:
hi guys,
i was interviewed too at bu on 27th oct.i didn,t send a thankyou letter to ms janet peters.will that make a difference?my score is 92 and toefl 263 and gpa is 2.27.
i thought the interview went very well.guys who got the acceptance can you pls send me a msg whom you are interviewed with and how did it go and all that?
thankyou.
dont get tensed u will surely get acceptance...is ur gpa 3.27 or 2.27?
good luck

Hi Guys - Sunits, Aerodont, Hzq838 and Rag-Congrats on making it to BU.

Members don't see this ad :)
drbask said:
Hi Guys - Sunits, Aerodont, Hzq838 and Rag-Congrats on making it to BU.

I too got my Boston acceptance today.
Good luck to all those who are waiting.

I got into BU as well.
Treasure

Hi treasure & sangmitr,
Congratulations to u both!!!

i got my acceptance into boston on monday
was inteviewed on 27 oct

92 3.2 253

best of luck all others who have applied to boston

congratultions to all of you who have been selected
may god bless us all

Congrats Aerodont,Hzq838,Sangmitr,Treasure,Rag & Drds.:)

Sangmitr said:

congratulations treasure,sagmitr n drds for ur selection .as far as my knowledge goes i think 3 stds have been selected from the batch that was interviewed on 20th oct.
CELEBRATE
Sunita

Lucky Ones,
Congratulations to all the fellow dentists who have received the acceptance letters from the dental school(s!). And best of luck for all the dentists who are in the same boat (a real tiny one) as me (Waiting for interview and acceptance letters..........)
Thanks
PK_Bond

hi congrats guys,

great. CELEBRATE!!!!!!!party time.
i got interviewd on 3rd nov. i was wondering if anybody from the same batch got an acceptance.
i would appreciate ur reply,
CoNGRATUALATIONS!!!!!!!

manik

hey prasad,
is ur GPA 2.27....did u get a call for ur interview on the basis of ur part1 score ...if thts the case then all those having GPA probs..shld try their very best to get high part 1 scores.....
congrats to all who got selected....hats off to you all!!

hi richa,
my g.p.a is 2.27.that is a big drawback now.i have worked hard to get a good score but i can not do anything about g.p.a.
still waiting for acceptnce,thanks,prasad
richa sharma said:
hey prasad,
is ur GPA 2.27....did u get a call for ur interview on the basis of ur part1 score ...if thts the case then all those having GPA probs..shld try their very best to get high part 1 scores.....
congrats to all who got selected....hats off to you all!!

Congrats to those who have recieved acceptance letters !!!

All the best!!

Goal said:
Congrats Aerodont,Hzq838,Sangmitr,Treasure,Rag & Drds.:)

Thanks for your congratulations.

Bu will still have 65 seats this year and so far no more than 8 people being selected. Not to mention maybe sb will give up the seat. So keep hoping and God bless you who have already do the best to persue their goal.

I have been trying to contact Linda at BU regarding the status of my application and till now I do not have any luck. Does anyone have a phone number or a email address that I can use to reach someone who can answer my questions at BU.
Thanks
PK_Bond

hi Pkbond
now Laura Cassell {[email protected]} is
Advanced Standing Admissions Coordinator.{FAX: 617-638-4798 and phone no : (617)638-4787},
reet

hi pk bond
i have aslo being trying to get some kind of ans from bu admisison offcie i have left several msgs over the last few days but there has been no response :thumbdown:

cheers

Just a question. Do you start in 2008? or finish? ????

Aspita said:
Just a question. Do you start in 2008? or finish? ????
It's the year of the graduation...

ctv said:
It's the year of the graduation...
Does anybody know if BU is still inviting for interviews?????? :mad:

hi i have interview at boston in december. i am very scared because i am not accepted at upenn so just a little nervous. can u guide me how it goes for boston and what chances do i have with this late interview and 90 per score.
Aerodont said:
Hello All:

Thanks

nrgandhi said:
hi i have interview at boston in december. i am very scared because i am not accepted at upenn so just a little nervous. can u guide me how it goes for boston and what chances do i have with this late interview and 90 per score.

hi,
u have ur interview in december...so why r u calling it a late interview??? :confused: ....there are people who get interviewed in february and get accepted....so december is still an early interview....so dont worry and give your best....i wish you good luck for your interview. r u coming on dec 1???...i have my interview that thursday.

keep ur hopes alive !!!good luck and god bless!!!

Hi, enamelina,could you let me know when you sent your application to BU? I sent mine on the middle of Sep. but still waiting for the interview call. Thanks. :love:

tigertooth said:
Hi, enamelina,could you let me know when you sent your application to BU? I sent mine on the middle of Sep. but still waiting for the interview call. Thanks. :love:
hi,
i applied by the middle of august and i have been called on dec 1 for the interview,so i think the key is patience and i dont think there is any particular sequence in which they call us.They will call u sooon...dont worry!!!
good luck.

Aerodont said:
Hello All:

Thanks
hi i have the interview on 8th dec could u please guide me for the interview

hi .
is there anybody who got acceptance interviewed by janet peters?pls do post.i,m waiting to hear from her
thanks,bye,prasad
Aerodont said:
Hello All:

Thanks

Hi,
I was interviewed by Dr. Peters and I interviewed on october 20th......
treasure :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi,
to people who have already been to BU.....has anyone stayed in boston international hostel???how was it...any other hotels if u could recommend will be very useful...thanks.

Sangmitr said:

Hi everybody,
I am new to this forum.
I got acceptance from BU.
I am from Oct 27th Batch.
Congrats to Sunita, Aerodont sangmitr, hzq838 and rag and treasure and everyone else who got acceptance.
All the best for others who are waiting.
bye,
Pauli.

Pauli said:
Hi everybody,
I am new to this forum.
I got acceptance from BU.
I am from Oct 27th Batch.
Congrats to Sunita, Aerodont sangmitr, hzq838 and rag.
bye,
Pauli.
Congratulations !!!

What are your scores for NBDE, GPA and TOEFL?

Who interviewed you? When did you get the admisssion letter?

Best,

manik khisti said:
Congratulations !!!

Best,

My scores: NBDE-94%
TOEFL-267
GPA-3.3
I was intervied by Dr.Ashayeri and I got my admission letter on 7th of Nov...MONDAY.
Pauli.

manik khisti said:
Congratulations !!!

Best,

I did not receive ur private message because of pop-up bloker.

did anyone who was interviewed on nov 3 receive their acceptance letter? :luck:

cld any one of u tell me how many students are interviewed on nov 3rd and 10th for the BU interview?

Hi, pauli:
congratulations to your acceptance. Can you let know when you applied BU?
Do you know how many interviews per week at BU? How many seats do they have? I applied on middle of September, haven't heard from them yet.
Thansk.

They interview 10 each Thursday. They have 65 seats this year.

Hi, pauli:
congratulations to your acceptance. Can you let know when you applied BU?
Do you know how many interviews per week at BU? How many seats do they have? I applied on middle of September, haven't heard from them yet.