Boston Application for the 2007 class..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,
since boston application process will be started soon in august, i thought that we might need a new thread to deal will anything concerning application procedures, scores, necessary documents, interviews.
Please share and post your inquiries and advices here.
The ist one would be my pleasure:
Is it ok to send the application pachage before applying online? whats the whole issue of applying online about? if anyone knows for sure , please enlight us.
caninus

Members don't see this ad.

hi caninnus,

Yes i think it would be ok to send the packeage before ahnd so that once the application opens up all u have to do is submite an online application. From my experience BU is one of th schools which has the most efficient method of handling aplications when they are submitted. I remember i had submitted my application in the last week of october last year and when i called them up a week later to check whether they had recieved everything i was told that they had and they even told me my interview date. so yes, you might consider sending you package before hand.

one more thing is that if you send notarized copies of all your documnets, (eg. Part 1 score, TOEFL, Transcripts) with the package they will review your file and not really wait till the originals reach them. You will have to see that originals reach before your interview date. So that is nice too.
Anymore help needed let me know.

Sanju

rajkang said:
notarized copies are enough and you dont need to send original. Just take original documents to interview, and if they want to see original then show them.

Hi,
is it ok if we have the notarized copies from the college (i,e got notarised on photocopies from college and witha seal and sign of principal)and not notorised here in US???
any info regarding is helpfull.

Members don't see this ad :)
krishna said:
Hi,
is it ok if we have the notarized copies from the college (i,e got notarised on photocopies from college and witha seal and sign of principal)and not notorised here in US???

hey krishna,
notarised copies can also be done by specific notaries (lawyers) in India. thats what i had done for my application to BU.

lasjy

Thanks rajkang and lasjy,
I will mail them and findout so that it will be clear.

krishna said:
Hi,
Hi Krishna,
I had my document notarised in India and they wer accepted at Upenn,CWRU and BU.
Don't know about the rest

And the Document were notarised or Attested(as we say in India) by my associate dean whose is neither a lawyer or a govt servant

Hi Krishna,
I got mine letters,Transcripts,Degree certificate attested them in India.All the schools i applied to BU,NYU,UCSF acceoted them.Don't think you should have any problem if you have your Principal's sign and seal on it.Good Luck!

pinkpeanuts said:
Hi Krishna,
I got mine letters,Transcripts,Degree certificate attested them in India.All the schools i applied to BU,NYU,UCSF acceoted them.Don't think you should have any problem if you have your Principal's sign and seal on it.Good Luck!

Thanks a bunch pinktooth,pinkpeanut,lasjy and rajkang.I was also in the same dilema :D

sree

i have a question to pinktooth or any former boston applicant, do we have to submit the CV and the SOP online with the online application? or we have to submit it seperately?
thanks

HI Caninus,
You have a provision to type in your SOP in your online application.You don't have to send it in seperately.I don't think BU asks for your CV,just your Sop is required.Good luck.

pinkpeanuts said:
HI Caninus,
You have a provision to type in your SOP in your online application.You don't have to send it in seperately.I don't think BU asks for your CV,just your Sop is required.Good luck.

CV= :idea: :oops:

pinkpeanuts said:
Hi Krishna,

do u guys mean the four yr bds marksheets as transcripts? or is it different? :confused:

Hi Dental Doc,
Yes your transcripts are your BDS marks cards,however my college also provided me with a transcript certificate.This was very similar to an ece report,it had my subjects,marks scored and a grade next to it.I sent in both my notarised marks cards and this certificate(notarised again).
Your CV is 'Curriculum Vitae',its like your resume.Think UCLA asks for one to be sent in with your application.Good luck.

pinkpeanuts said:
Hi Dental Doc,
Yes your transcripts are your BDS marks cards,however my college also provided me with a transcript certificate.This was very similar to an ece report,it had my subjects,marks scored and a grade next to it.I sent in both my notarised marks cards and this certificate(notarised again).
Your CV is 'Curriculum Vitae',its like your resume.Think UCLA asks for one to be sent in with your application.Good luck.

Thanks! :) :thumbup:

hi friends,
I had applied to Bu in Feb this year only to find out that my application didn't reach in time :( .I was planning on reactivating my application for admission next year.I mailed them but haven't received any reply yet.
Could anyone tell me about the procedure for reactivation of our application? do we have to send in a fresh application and fee or is it enough to just send in the fee? any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance...
Good luck to all with their applications and stuff...

hey Pinktooth, how r things going with your admission? when are your classes starting? Best wishes with everything.

Hi caninus,
I had written my SOP online and I had sent my CV too just to give them a good impression of my achievements :D
If you have prepared a good CV there is no harm in sending

Hi elementz,
My classes are starting from the 2nd of August.
I think the procedure of reapplication is simply reactivate the online application by paying the fee :eek: and make any changes(Scores,work ex) and call them and ask them whether they have recieved the rest of the documents.
Take care