Boston area community jobs - help

Started by Kate6058
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kate6058

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, all. I'm reaching out for help learning the lay of the land in terms of community EM jobs in the Boston area. I'm relocating to Boston (city proper) and have had a very difficult time finding anything aside from Steward and Cambridge Health Alliance online, though I know there are a lot of other facilities around. If anyone has info to offer, I'd appreciate it so much. PM if you'd like. Thanks a lot.
 
Boston's a tough market to get into. Many work outside the city in the North Shore, Winchester, Morton, etc. You have to be prepared to commute. Many even commute to Rhode Island, New Hampshire, etc.
 
Tufts is an academic hospital, but no EM residency. Lahey Clinic is semi-academic, again no EM residency. Mt Auburn has a variety of residents but the EM docs are their own group, I think. Not sure if non-EM residents rotate at either one. Beth Israel Deaconess and Partners have their flagship academic facilities, but both have also purchased a number of community hospitals. The EDs at all the facilities are staffed by the same academic physician group, but some physicians only work at the community sites with no academic responsibilities. EBKame is right, though - a lot of people commute to outlying areas.