SDN app help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got a new phone.
Used to be that I had a google chrome bookmark just saved to the homescreen that took me right here.

Now, the hubris of SDN forces you to download the app.

When I open the app, it takes me to the forum menu and I have to scroll by all the other forums to find the only one that matters. Is there a fix to bring me straight here?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So, I got a new phone.
Used to be that I had a google chrome bookmark just saved to the homescreen that took me right here.

Now, the hubris of SDN forces you to download the app.

When I open the app, it takes me to the forum menu and I have to scroll by all the other forums to find the only one that matters. Is there a fix to bring me straight here?
You can definitely browse via website on your phone. That's what I'm doing right now so I'm not sure why it seems like you're being forced to use the app. I don't really know much beyond that as i don't know anything about the technical backend of sdn.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried the SDN app a few years ago and deleted it. It was super clunky and worse than just browsing on a normal phone web browser.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Web browser won't let me "save to home screen". The menu spot where that option existed is replaced by "download app".

Web browser won't let me "save to home screen". The menu spot where that option existed is replaced by "download app".

??

You don't bookmark SDN EM on your web browser?

I just bookmark https://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/emergency-medicine.43/ and everything works

??

You don't bookmark SDN EM on your web browser?

I just bookmark https://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/emergency-medicine.43/ and everything works

Used to be you could save that bookmark directly to the home screen of your phone and circumvent using the app at all, because the app is garbage.

Now, that option doesn't exist in chrome, replaced by "download the app".

It's like they said: "Oh, you wanted to NOT use the app? Too bad, fugger."

I can save any other site to the home screen BUT this one.

Used to be you could save that bookmark directly to the home screen of your phone and circumvent using the app at all, because the app is garbage.

Now, that option doesn't exist in chrome, replaced by "download the app".

It's like they said: "Oh, you wanted to NOT use the app? Too bad, fugger."

I can save any other site to the home screen BUT this one.

My chrome homescreen (on iPhone) looks like:

Google homescreen iPhone.jpeg

I guess those are the 4 most frequented sites I look at. When I hit SDN...it takes me directly to the EM forum page. I don't know how this happened, I'm not sure I set it up like this or is Chrome is freaky like that.
Easy for me

Just downloaded it, and it took me less.l than 60 seconds to say: "Uhh, no."

Ads between every 5 threads.
Ah I think it's because I'm on the paid version. Sorry I've been using the paid version for so long I forgot I had pay for the subscription lol. Didn't know the free version (??) was so clunky and filled with ads. Guess it's kind of like Youtube vs. Youtube Premium

Ah I think it's because I'm on the paid version. Sorry I've been using the paid version for so long I forgot I had pay for the subscription lol. Didn't know the free version (??) was so clunky and filled with ads. Guess it's kind of like Youtube vs. Youtube Premium

I use the free version and don’t completely hate it, I found the web version a bit difficult. I used to have a few forums in Tapatalk so that was useful, but now it’s just SDN. The ads are quite annoying, I just scroll past them. Price of admission anymore.

Reactions: 1 user
I use the free version and don’t completely hate it, I found the web version a bit difficult. I used to have a few forums in Tapatalk so that was useful, but now it’s just SDN. The ads are quite annoying, I just scroll past them. Price of admission anymore.

Yeah I only use tapatalk for SDN! But I also love this community more than just about any other community