Boston Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothBlaster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I interviewed at Tufts and I am accepted, yet Boston University has not given me an interview, should I withdraw from Boston or still attend the potential interview? Should I go back to Boston to interview at BU if granted an interview there, or should I withdraw from BU if given the opportunity to go to Tufts?
In essence, which school is better, Tufts or Boston?

Members don't see this ad.

If I interviewed at Tufts and I am accepted, yet Boston University has not given me an interview, should I withdraw from Boston or still attend the potential interview? Should I go back to Boston to interview at BU if granted an interview there, or should I withdraw from BU if given the opportunity to go to Tufts?

Im kinda in the same predicament... I have an interview for Tufts on December 6th and an Interview for BU on january 10th...

I spoke to the dentist i was shadowing he flat out told me that Tufts is a better dental school right now.. He said dental schools fluctuate. As in sometimes this school is better other times the other is. Anyways, he said that Tufts renovated and has a lot of new tools and thats exactly where dentistry is heading in the future. But to be honest with ya.. im going to attend both interviews to see which one catches my attention more. But i like bigger schools and BU is a way bigger school than tufts.

BU has around 31,000 students
Tufts has around 9,000 students

The reason why i like bigger schools is because... even though im in dental school i still want to have tht college feeling with alot of students around. IDK thts just me lol.

Im kinda in the same predicament... I have an interview for Tufts on December 6th and an Interview for BU on january 10th...

I spoke to the dentist i was shadowing he flat out told me that Tufts is a better dental school right now.. He said dental schools fluctuate. As in sometimes this school is better other times the other is. Anyways, he said that Tufts renovated and has a lot of new tools and thats exactly where dentistry is heading in the future. But to be honest with ya.. im going to attend both interviews to see which one catches my attention more. But i like bigger schools and BU is a way bigger school than tufts.

BU has around 31,000 students
Tufts has around 9,000 students

The reason why i like bigger schools is because... even though im in dental school i still want to have tht college feeling with alot of students around. IDK thts just me lol.

I'm not sure how that's relevant in comparing the two schools considering that both BU and Tufts have their own medical center.

Members don't see this ad :)

i would go to both.

compare what the school environments are like.

also, bu is on a weekly exam schedule(ie less stress at the end but no time to rest) while tufts is on a block exam schedule(ie your traditional midterms and finals but more cramming during those periods).

you already paid your applications fees, you might as well go to your interviews and see what each school can offer.

ps: don't use school size to compare the schools. they both have their own medical campus and most likely, you won't be spending time with the undergrads.

Last edited:
ps: don't use school size to compare the schools. they both have their own medical campus and most likely, you won't be spending time with the undergrads.

That's true. The medical campus of both schools are in a different areas and you won't see any undergrad kids.

I just got back from an interview at Tufts and it was fantastic. My opinion is that you should go to every interview you possibly can (even if it means going into debt) because you never know which schools will impress you. Tufts, Midwestern, and Marquette all were schools that I didn't expect to like, but now they're my top three choices. I would never have known if I hadn't gone.

You also don't know you'll be accepted where you want even if you already have a handful of interviews. So unless you have a Dec 1 acceptance in hand, don't cancel any interviews.

I just got back from an interview at Tufts and it was fantastic. My opinion is that you should go to every interview you possibly can (even if it means going into debt) because you never know which schools will impress you. Tufts, Midwestern, and Marquette all were schools that I didn't expect to like, but now they're my top three choices. I would never have known if I hadn't gone.

You also don't know you'll be accepted where you want even if you already have a handful of interviews. So unless you have a Dec 1 acceptance in hand, don't cancel any interviews.

Hey RLow,
Mind if I ask what makes Tufts your top choice now? What impressed you about Tufts that makes it your top choice now?
Thanks