Boston Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Does any one know..If Bu is giving Early acceptance for 2005 IDp prog ?
Also when are the interviews for early acceptance conducted ?

Members don't see this ad.

i have absolutely no idea abt tht.
but do they conduct interviews seperately for early acceptances???i thought tht early acceptances r given to people who have already gone throu the interview process and the school does not have seats left for tht academic year,but feel tht the candidate is too good to be refused admission, thn they give an early admission. this is wht i thought early acceptance was . correct me if i am wrong. :)

Hey Vashista,

I think BU has stopped the interveiw process for 2004. They will only call in Fall 2004 for 2005. As per my knowledge, they may be giving early acceptances only to those who have already been interviewed till March 11th. Call Nicole and find out for more details. I think BU had too many applicants this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanx for all the info guys :)

Ya folks,
BU only interviews a candidate once.Even if you reactivate your application they won't call you for an interview rather if you are good they will directly send you an acceptance and ask you to pay the deposit..
take care

Hi Folks,
Does any one know how many exact seats there wer left when BU was reviewing the final applications?
I just know they were 'few' but don't know the exact number.
Infact when we were interviewed on 19th feb ,Nicole told us that we were at the tail end if the interview process..whatever that means:oops:
take care

When I interviewed at feb 26th, Dr Ashayeri left me with the impression that the spots left are SO FEW, that I think we were talking about A COUPLE. Or 3-4 at most.
So do the numbers... Another day of waiting.........

hey people,

bad news

got my rejection letter from boston today.its asking me to reapply for 2005 if i choose to. i am thinking of taking up the national boards part 1 in 2004 july again. lets see

:(

sorry to hear that lasjy...
have you applied to any other school.
I guess lot of us are waiting for the letter..
pooja

i am sorry to hear tht,j
dont be dis heartened.thrs always a next time. check ur mail.

sorry to hear that lasjy, but dont forget to reactivate your application for 2005.

regards

I am really sorry to hear that lasjy

Members don't see this ad :)
hi all,
i recieved my long awaited letter from BU today. i have been put on the alternate list (wait list ) for the year 2004. they have mentioned in the letter that in case there is a vacancy in the 2004 class they will let me know or else i should reactivate my application for the next year in August.I am glad that the wat is finally over.

all the best to all those who are waiting.

sanju

hey guys!
my wait too is finally over.
i got a reject letter.
well,wat am i doing abt it.....i'm scramming thru the thread on
"daily motivation to keep the fire burning'!!!!:D
And i will give my prt2
And i will go to india to kill time( and flies);)

cheers to all those who have got their acceptancees n waiting letters:clap:

Take it easy Callous K9 .I do not know what else I can say ...!!I am very sorry to hear that .

Hi Callous K9 and Lasjy,
Sorry to hear about the rejects.Remember someone asking how many ppl were interviewed this year..Seems BU recieved 650 application this year..150 were called for interviews.Still waiting for my letter.Good luck to all!

Good luck to all........
God hear our prayers

Hi guys
I got a rejection letter from BU yesterday.
Good luck who are awaiting for the results.

callous and ketu,
sorry to hear tht. dont be disheartened. have u applied anywhr else?

yes ann
I had applied to NYU and I am accepted there so no tension but ofcourse sad about not getting in BOSTON.

Originally posted by Ann 03
callous and ketu,
sorry to hear tht. dont be disheartened. have u applied anywhr else?

yup ann,

applied to 3 skools ,rejected by all 3!

upenn,went fr interview..got a reject
Nyu-dint even get an interview call
BU-went for the interview..and got a reject.

my stats arent great anywyas.
prt1-87,toefl 250,gpa-2.63

hi callous,u cant anything much abt gpa buteverything else u can change. 87 is not a bad score at all.
u can give toefl again,it very easy, dont know how much getting a big score in toefl would help, but it would help taking the focus off ur gpa. i have heard frm a lot of poeple tht wes evaluation gives abetter gpa.i am not sure if it right or not,but u can give it a try.i think thr was thread on tht too.
it would be nice if u gave ur part2 also or retake ur part1 if u want and thn give part2.u have more schools to apply next year.
dont be disheartened.i think the key is to apply to a lot more schools next time.
hi ketu.
i too got into nyu.but i am not taking it.too expensive for me. all the best to u.

yeah,thax ann,
i think i shall take my toefl again.(no, i really will!)
i've been preparing fr prt 2..thinking of taking the exam mid may.
After that ,i might consider reataking prt 1.
And i dont think my problem was in late applications ,cos i remember applying well in advance.(september -october period)
firstly my scores,secondly my gpa!
thx fr those kind words of encouragement.
:)

Hi,
Just got my letter from BU today..Have been waitlisted for 2004.Can't say i'm elated..but am happy its not a reject as BU is my one and only option.Sanju did they give you your status on the waiting list..i mean where exactly you stand and how many ppl are there before you.Good luck to all and God bless.

guys,

i have received my letter frm bu. i have been ploaced on alternate list for the year 2004. i am happy its not a reject,sort of boosts my confidence,but i dont have any hopes for this yr.

Hey guys..

We're all sorry to hear about the regret letters.. (regret is a much nicer word than reject!!).. Keep your spirits up and good luck with the next step. :)

Tasha

Hi Ann and Pinkpeanuts,
I guess being waitlisted is bittersweet, so near yet so far, but its better than being rejected. So dont lose hope. Will keep my fingers crossed for you guys. :horns:

Best of luck,
Mrinalini

Hi callousk9,

Dont lose hope, I'm sure better things are waiting for you next year, you have the advantage of experience through the application cycle and time to improve your application. All the best!!

Ketu,
Sorry about boston, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush:). All the best.

Cheers
Mrinalini

thanks mrinal,
yup its bittersweet. atleast it isnt disheartening. anyway i dont think we have much chance this yr.
seems very distant.:) thrs always next yr.

And here is my letter comming:
Alternate list. I don't have much hope about that, so I'm going ahead with my life. It's a sort of relief.
Now I'm going to focus my attention at the California Bench.
And GRE.
The only thing that makes me sick is the application process that I have to go through next time.
Good luck to all of you folks

Hey Ivan and Ann,
Please don't say that we don't have much hope this year...I still haven't received my letter but now trying to be mentally prepared to apply next year:(
Every day waiting is a total night mare..

ivan u have got such good scores .did u apply late to the schools?

Thanx Mrinalini,
Keeping the faith!It could just happen!

hi Ann, Pinkpeanuts and Ivan,

I called up BU this friday and spoke t Nicole. she said that they do not have any ranking for the alternate list ( and even if they do i do not think they will reveal it). she said that if there is a vacancy the committee reviews the alternate list and sends a call. So as of now, according to her we just need to wait for the acceptance letter if somebody drops out. i asked her what the deadline for the payment of tution is for acceptd candidates. she said that they need to pay the deposit in 2 weeks and the tution for the 1st year by july. so i think that we should not expect anything at least till july.

Hope this helps. i myself do not have any hopes for this year so i have prepared myself mentally about applying for next year. lets keep in touch regarding the alternate list.

sanju

Ya Sanju,
Infact the deadline is 31st July!!so unless someone is kind enough to inform that they are not going to join...we'll have to just wait..:( ..
Oops that is if I make it to the alternate list...still waiting

hey pinktooth dont worry u have good stats.u might get either an acceptance or be in the waitlist for sure.
i am sure it might be a acceptance.all the best

hi everyone,

i havent put any inputs since long time b'cos of inability to access
to net...but anyway i wish u all the best for upcommings....

i was also waiting for reply from BU...after long waiting i asked Nicol to fax me the letter..what ever it is (acceptence or rejection!)...she did so today..& i got acceptance!

i will suggest u all to do that..atleast we can shorten this waiting period!!!!i know it is killing..:(

all the best .
priti.

hey priti.....thats great....congrats.....:clap: :clap:

hey pinktooth u shud also try and request nicole to fax u ur status if ur application has been reviewed .....that might help.....as it helped priti.....
all the best....

congrats prithi

i m still waiting!@!#$!@$!@
+pissed+ +pissed+

hi everybody,
finally received a letter from BU. I am in the waiting list. Any idea about how many students are placed in the alternate list?

hi ram
would you please tell me when did u receive the letter

Hi busydentist,
I received the letter today.

hi ,

I join the list of being rejected at bu :( .

good luck to those on wait list .

lebelle

sorry to hear that lebelle,
You have been waiting since a long time.
I spoke to nicole; they havnt yet decided about my file...
Nicole said aplicants on waitlist would have to wait 2 or 3 weeks before anyone would withdraw if at all...
so all the best to those waiting ....
pooja

Originally posted by lebelle
hi ,

I join the list of being rejected at bu :( .

good luck to those on wait list .

lebelle

Sorry to hear about that lebelle,best of luck at NYU .

Hey everyone...

Being on the wait list is probably worse than getting a regret letter in some ways.. the waiting can kill you!! :( But it also means there's hope, and friends of mine in BU say that people with two acceptances wait until the last moment (visa, air ticket, apartment!) before letting go of a seat... which is unfair, but thats what they do, and so you may hear from BU as late as july.. a friend of mine got called two days before class began.. and he wasn't even on the wait list! So cheer up, guys, all of SDN is keeping their fingers crossed for you! :thumbup:

Tasha