1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Boston U. 2008

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gatorfan99, Apr 4, 2004.

1. gatorfan99

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I just got notice that they received my acceptance $$ .. so now its official: I'm a terrier! (but always a gator at heart).

Word to all my fellow '08 classmates!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rocky21

Rocky21 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Gatorfan99, how soon after the interview were you notified of your acceptance? Just curious

4. gatorfan99

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I received a phone call the day after! They also offered me a 10,000 scholarship towards my tuition costs. I think I made a good impression :) :)

gatorfan.

5. VanCityGurl

VanCityGurl Junior Member

Congrats Gatorfan99!! I'm also going to BU :) How were you able to get the 10,000 scholarship? Was it based on your interview?

6. sxr71

sxr71 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did they offer you the scholarship after you sent in your deposit or before?

Is that $10,000 per year or just one time.

Thanks!

7. Rocky21

Rocky21 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Gatorfan99, just out of curiosity.....how long ago was your interview??

8. gatorfan99

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I got the scholarship as a separate letter with the package in which I received the acceptance letter..

My interview was in early March (kinda late).

gatorfan.

9. WildcatDMD

WildcatDMD The Man
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    To all who are going to BU in the fall, have you received information packets about school in the fall yet? Or do they wait until orientation. Just seems kinda irritating that I haven't received much info about the school, schedule, or classes yet.

Also, has anyone received information back about their financial aid packages? I emailed the financial aid office today to see what the deal is.

10. VanCityGurl

VanCityGurl Junior Member

I'm also still waiting for additional information from BU. So far I've received the financial aid package, Excel package (which I've sent back and have not heard back from yet), medical examination package and an early bird access code to the BU site.

I am still waiting for my student visa application forms which I've been told has been sent last week and should be here soon. I've emailed Diane from the Excel program and is still waiting a reply for more information.

I plan to head down to Boston soon to look for a place to stay and hope to receive all their packages by this month or early next month. I think the best way is to call the office of admissions and ask them what else they plan to send if any and just keep following up. There is still a couple more months before school starts so I wouldn't worry too much but would definitely follow up.