Boston University MAMS

Started by jsamuels
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jsamuels

Jmp2013
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight about BU's MAMS and Tufts MS in Biomed programs. I'm applying to both but I wanted to know how their culture is, how are faculty, is there much support for minorities, what's the most rewarding aspect of the program.

Also, has anyone earned a dual degree (MS/MPH) at either of these schools? If so, how was it. What's your advice to me?

A little about me, I have about 6 years of full time healthcare experience. I am in my last semester of my BA in psych with a premed concentration and a cum GPA of 3.1. I am active on campus. I have three years of research experience, and being a project coordinator, and I scored 150 on the practice GRE, without studying. I have not taken the official GRE or MCAT yet. I'm applying to MS in Med Sciences to strengthen my academic credentials and research opportunities. I was ill for much of my undergrad career and as a result, I medically withdrew from school and had a drop in my GPA. For the last 5 semesters, I've maintained over a 3.5.