Boston University MAMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsamuels

Jmp2013
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight about BU's MAMS and Tufts MS in Biomed programs. I'm applying to both but I wanted to know how their culture is, how are faculty, is there much support for minorities, what's the most rewarding aspect of the program.

Also, has anyone earned a dual degree (MS/MPH) at either of these schools? If so, how was it. What's your advice to me?

A little about me, I have about 6 years of full time healthcare experience. I am in my last semester of my BA in psych with a premed concentration and a cum GPA of 3.1. I am active on campus. I have three years of research experience, and being a project coordinator, and I scored 150 on the practice GRE, without studying. I have not taken the official GRE or MCAT yet. I'm applying to MS in Med Sciences to strengthen my academic credentials and research opportunities. I was ill for much of my undergrad career and as a result, I medically withdrew from school and had a drop in my GPA. For the last 5 semesters, I've maintained over a 3.5.

Members don't see this ad.