Boston University vs Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ragingbull

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Between these insititutions, how would you guys compare the two on the following criteria:



The Master's Programs
-quality of curriculum
-potential to submatriculate into their SOM
-approximate size of enrolling class
-role of faculty/advisors​
Med School: Repuation/Facilities/Campus
-USNews, for what it's worth, has BU #28 and GU #46​
Cities
-sprawling Boston vs. downtown DC
-living arrangements​
Costs
Etc.
---------------------------
Thanks!!
 
I think they are both comparable. The only differences being your preference in location and which SOM you'd prefer to attend. I didn't even apply to Georgetown (Masters or med) because I never want to live in DC and have never been interested in GU's med program.
 
I agree. The programs are pretty comparable. Someone asked this question here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=181478
(Ignore my comments on minimum MCAT/GPA, these are more like guidelines than cut-offs)

P.S. Hey Cammy--

BU's 2005 match list is up if you haven't already seen it (link off my sig). I think I remember you asking about it somewhere on an allo thread 🙂