BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My immediate POE is very broad still.

It contains meats, April, Sporty, Octo, alley, yk, stoat, Vis, and Mel.

It helps that some names are incompatible with each other though.
Why Alley? There’s some others I’m curious about too, but Alley being in the POE really stands out to me.
 
Here you go!
If the wolves also have bowling averages, I will honestly be shookethed. The writeup say villagers so many times so I will be suing the mods on misinformation if so (I don't know what courtroom!Violet is like, but that would be fun to find out).

Wait, has there ever been a legal/laywer/courtroom-themed WW?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess this is a noob opinion vs. vet opinion thing. But in general, believability of a role reveal doesn’t typically hinge on people having the same role.

I get the logic behind it, but I’ve never seen it analyzed that way, and while I obviously can’t speak to specifics of this game without knowing, generally it’s unusual to have lots of players with the same role name (other than vanilla), so speculating on it seems weird.
Zenges pls treat me like a noob too, i’m mainly a tot!Lawpy
 
… but you were wolfreading violets too? What changed?
It's confusing so let me describe my thinking.
I thought violet was super sketchy and sounded wolfy (on my phone so can't dig up the posts, but I went through and responded point by point) so I yeeted her. Then, she got more relaxed and frustrated/helpless in her defense, which made me think she was telling the truth about being a villager about to be misyoten. So I unyeeted her and went with fluff (described previously why). Once a bunch of people randomly voted ivy, I became suspicious of violet again and their more recent posts haven't cleared that up for me. I feel like they keep contradicting what they've said previously and they seemed to be using circular reasoning so I gave up on trying to understand. I'm back to firmly placing violet in wolfy.
 
The thing is i’m wondering about the possibility of wolves having fake village roles especially with duplicates in play
You mean a fake role reveal? I think it's certainly possible. I also think it's more probable violet is lying about her role than she's being truthful that her role name is strike but she's a strike wolf, which I saw suggested earlier. Unless we have a seer in the mix that knows her role name, I see no need to be so attached to her being a strike.
 
You mean a fake role reveal? I think it's certainly possible. I also think it's more probable violet is lying about her role than she's being truthful that her role name is strike but she's a strike wolf, which I saw suggested earlier. Unless we have a seer in the mix that knows her role name, I see no need to be so attached to her being a strike.
Fishy fishy, pshelty.

I didn't fake role reveal but I figured everyone would think that (mentioned that in my role reveal even). That's why I was surprised and got bad vibes that no one outright thought I might have been faking it until after the important vote. There was a lack of classical village paranoia in that department.
 
Frame 2 Official *FINAL* Voting Tally (as of post 2324- when I closed vote)

Vis (1) - Octo
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (1) - Lawpy
OctoDoc (1) - blue
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, True
Oxygen ()
Ivy (7) - April, ykal, violet, jfluff, Vis, zuri, vmh
Fluff (5) - Sporty, Zenge, potentialshelter, alley, puppydr
April ()

Leading: *freeshrugs*

Ineligible: samac

18/20
missing:
@IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen

Day close:10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
Thinking 🤔

There’s probably at least 1 wolf in both the ivymoosy and fluffy wagons. Maybe 2.
 
I guess this is a noob opinion vs. vet opinion thing. But in general, believability of a role reveal doesn’t typically hinge on people having the same role.

I get the logic behind it, but I’ve never seen it analyzed that way, and while I obviously can’t speak to specifics of this game without knowing, generally it’s unusual to have lots of players with the same role name (other than vanilla), so speculating on it seems weird.
Didn't Oxy get role revealed as Strike as well?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The thing is i’m wondering about the possibility of wolves having fake village roles especially with duplicates in play
Didn't Oxy get role revealed as Strike as well?
I mean
@WildZoo, Gutter Ball, a vanillager, who started with a lower average than most bowlers, and who was given a 1x watching ability out of pity
@genny, a Strike, a vanillager, who started with a higher average than most bowlers.
@IvyMoose, Spare, vanillager who started with an average higher than some bowlers
@zuriburi, Spare, vanillager who started with an average higher than some bowlers
@WorthlessOxygen, Strike, vanillager who started with an average higher than most bowlers
Without knowing the game setup or mechanics, it seems like “strike” “spare” “gutter ball” are separate from the role of “vanillager” and could be separate from the affiliation of villager as well.

It seems dangerous to make assumptions about these without more information.
 
Frame 2 Official *FINAL* Voting Tally (as of post 2324- when I closed vote)

Vis (1) - Octo
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (1) - Lawpy
OctoDoc (1) - blue
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, True
Oxygen ()
Ivy (7) - April, ykal, violet, jfluff, Vis, zuri, vmh
Fluff (5) - Sporty, Zenge, potentialshelter, alley, puppydr
April ()

Leading: *freeshrugs*

Ineligible: samac

18/20
missing:
@IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen

Day close:10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
Honestly i keep thinking about this tally and the way the wagons went… i kinda want to put fluffy more in village side of neutrals and drop alleys from village to wolfy/neutrals.

Not feeling great about Sporty either.
 
Honestly i keep thinking about this tally and the way the wagons went… i kinda want to put fluffy more in village side of neutrals and drop alleys from village to wolfy/neutrals.

Not feeling great about Sporty either.
I’m willing to reevaluate Alley, but I felt like she came out of the gate swinging village on D1.

Alley aside the vote movement in general, around Fluff really freaked me out. It felt like once there was a chance of it taking off people got opportunistic.

I’m still not ready to village read Fluff, but I’d be uneasy about voting there again given how readily some people seemed to jump on out of nowhere.
 
I’m willing to reevaluate Alley, but I felt like she came out of the gate swinging village on D1.

Alley aside the vote movement in general, around Fluff really freaked me out. It felt like once there was a chance of it taking off people got opportunistic.

I’m still not ready to village read Fluff, but I’d be uneasy about voting there again given how readily some people seemed to jump on out of nowhere.

All 3 of them are basically even in my eyes. They all seem super wolfy but I trust Violet’s role reveal. So honestly I’m okay flipping Ivy or fluffy because theyre both two of my wolfiest reads.
Think the above is bugging me
 
Think the above is bugging me
Why though? I get why Ivy was suspicious, I agree with that. I’ve struggled with Fluff this game, so I agree with that part of Alley’s post too.

I was pretty neutral on Violet but the role reveal seemed believable enough and the frustration read as genuine to me.

What about it is bugging you?
 
Why though? I get why Ivy was suspicious, I agree with that. I’ve struggled with Fluff this game, so I agree with that part of Alley’s post too.

I was pretty neutral on Violet but the role reveal seemed believable enough and the frustration read as genuine to me.

What about it is bugging you?
Trusting the role reveal mainly. It shouldn’t lead to a reversal or significant weakening of the initial wolfread.
 
So did the fluff votes though. We talked about Octo and other candidates so I was surprised she was the target when so many yesterday, like LITERAL yesterday, said she seemed more villagey. I'm not satisfied with the outcome, but I'll be even less satisfied if Ivy flips village.
Fluff was up for vote D1 and has been talked about multiple times over the course of D2 for direct actions that are sketchy.

correct me if I'm wrong but I got the impression that people were finding Ivy sketchy but more out of absence and difficulty reading than anything overtly sketchy.

The votes for fluff may have come in quick succession after VV's reveal, but had solid reasoning behind them compared to what feels like to me as paranoia behind the Ivy wagon.

Do you have a different interpretation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Frame 2 Official *FINAL* Voting Tally (as of post 2324- when I closed vote)

Vis (1) - Octo
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (1) - Lawpy
OctoDoc (1) - blue
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, True
Oxygen ()
Ivy (7) - April, ykal, violet, jfluff, Vis, zuri, vmh
Fluff (5) - Sporty, Zenge, potentialshelter, alley, puppydr
April ()

Leading: *freeshrugs*

Ineligible: samac

18/20
missing:
@IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen

Day close:10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
Thinking that the ivymoosy wagon was wolf driven
 
I'd back a Violet, Fluff, or Sporty vote today. I still don't think Visc is a wolf.
@Lawpy for the record, Mel and I were both on Sporty. Mel wasn't ever sus of Ivy and he wasn't around for the violet wagon (but indicated a willingness to join if a wagon like that formed). He voted after the votes on violet started piling on me and Ivy to save Ivy. Could also be that Mel is a wolf and is happy to yeet any of the 3 of us (me violet or Sporty), but I buy his excuse for now.
 
Also to be fair, since @Melchizedek asked my read on meats, I like meats but I don't like that they agree with @alleycat03 a lot. And I'm sick of being perceived wolfy by alley. But please excuse me if I sound abrasive, cause this is the first time people massively piled next to my name, so I'll recollect my thoughts and come back on thread tomorrow.
You’re not being abrasive! And I’m trying to not be too hard on you. I’m just interpreting your posts to be wolfy. I feel like I might be tunneling too far, especially since my thoughts on Ivy being wolfy were wrong as well. I want to trust my gut, but it’s clearly been wrong. My gut is telling me to continue pursuing you as a wolf, but I can re-ISO you and reevaluate tomorrow. I’m trying to push you because you seem wolfy to me, but I don’t want you to feel upset or hurt by my posts. Please tell me if I’m being too pushy. It’s just a game, and I don’t want to ruin your fun by pushing you too much.
 
FINAL Frame 1 Official Voting Tally

Dubbie () -
AM () -
True () -
Mel (1) - Zenge
Bluey (4) - Lawpy, Dubz, samac, kal
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi () -
Samac (1) - Sporty
Puppy (1) - violet
Octopus (-) -
Fluff (2) - alley, puppy
Violet (1) - April
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (1) - genny
Vis (3)- zuri, True, Blue
April (2) - Meats, Mel
Zenge () -
kal (4) - shelty, fluff, Vis, octopus

TIED: @youngkal and @bluestoat

22/23, a single vote was missing
@IvyMoose

DAY CLOSED!


View attachment 348682

Frame 2 Official *FINAL* Voting Tally (as of post 2324- when I closed vote)

Vis (1) - Octo
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (1) - Lawpy
OctoDoc (1) - blue
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, True
Oxygen ()
Ivy (7) - April, ykal, violet, jfluff, Vis, zuri, vmh
Fluff (5) - Sporty, Zenge, potentialshelter, alley, puppydr
April ()

Leading: *freeshrugs*

Ineligible: samac

18/20
missing:
@IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen

Day close:10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
Octos is feeling incompatible with vissy or YK. Hmm 🤔
 
Fluff was up for vote D1 and has been talked about multiple times over the course of D2 for direct actions that are sketchy.

correct me if I'm wrong but I got the impression that people were finding Ivy sketchy but more out of absence and difficulty reading than anything overtly sketchy.

The votes for fluff may have come in quick succession after VV's reveal, but had solid reasoning behind them compared to what feels like to me as paranoia behind the Ivy wagon.

Do you have a different interpretation?
Yes. I saw it as an attempt to disturb future assimilation of the village bloc. We talked about fluffy a lot D1 and most decided she was not wolfy. Deciding things were w/v with violet seemed irrationally large for the couple of people that were unsure about her.
 
Also to be fair, since @Melchizedek asked my read on meats, I like meats but I don't like that they agree with @alleycat03 a lot. And I'm sick of being perceived wolfy by alley. But please excuse me if I sound abrasive, cause this is the first time people massively piled next to my name, so I'll recollect my thoughts and come back on thread tomorrow.
You're not being abrasive. It sucks when you feel like you're doing the best you can and people attack your attempt and say its not village enough.
 
You’re not being abrasive! And I’m trying to not be too hard on you. I’m just interpreting your posts to be wolfy. I feel like I might be tunneling too far, especially since my thoughts on Ivy being wolfy were wrong as well. I want to trust my gut, but it’s clearly been wrong. My gut is telling me to continue pursuing you as a wolf, but I can re-ISO you and reevaluate tomorrow. I’m trying to push you because you seem wolfy to me, but I don’t want you to feel upset or hurt by my posts. Please tell me if I’m being too pushy. It’s just a game, and I don’t want to ruin your fun by pushing you too much.
Well, being almost yeeted isn't fun for sure, but could you please tell me what is it that I do (asides shady joke on D1) that keeps me on your wolf reads? Is it that I sound different/ more confident? Is that all? I'm really trying hard to get a feel for everyone in this game, and I admit that I am more trusting towards a few players (mostly the noobs, cause I've played with them before) but I'm re-evaluating my reads as well after tonight.
 
@Lawpy for the record, Mel and I were both on Sporty. Mel wasn't ever sus of Ivy and he wasn't around for the violet wagon (but indicated a willingness to join if a wagon like that formed). He voted after the votes on violet started piling on me and Ivy to save Ivy. Could also be that Mel is a wolf and is happy to yeet any of the 3 of us (me violet or Sporty), but I buy his excuse for now.
eh, there’s this

This is a good point and feels almost like VV was trying to pull votes off of Fluff. I'm leaning into the VV/Fluff pack theory.

The rest of pubdog's post here feels villagey. Even the walk-back on the read on Fluff sounds like villager re-evaluating a read v.s. what I think VV did.
I have him in neutrals, maybe lean village
 
What about vissy or YK?
YK not so much. I was sus of her on D1 just for the tone, and the Ivy pressure vote, but since then, hasn't given me any reason not to trust her. She also got blocked on N1, (could also happen to a wolf ), but her sharing that felt helpful.

Vissy.... I've tried not to read her wolfy cause she was my manator. But her tone is 100% different when playing the game than when she was talking to me as a manator. I feel hostility in her posts and she seems to get stuck on minor things a lot. Samac trusts her and I trust samac so I don't know yet. But I do feel uneasy about her, esp since I'm on her wolf reads.
 
Yes. I saw it as an attempt to disturb future assimilation of the village bloc. We talked about fluffy a lot D1 and most decided she was not wolfy. Deciding things were w/v with violet seemed irrationally large for the couple of people that were unsure about her.
I guess I wasn't part of the majority that decided not wolfy. Like I said, I think Fluff's response to pressure was wolfy, there are a lot of posts today that felt like buddying/agreeing with a lot of thread consensus.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YK not so much. I was sus of her on D1 just for the tone, and the Ivy pressure vote, but since then, hasn't given me any reason not to trust her. She also got blocked on N1, (could also happen to a wolf ), but her sharing that felt helpful.

Vissy.... I've tried not to read her wolfy cause she was my manator. But her tone is 100% different when playing the game than when she was talking to me as a manator. I feel hostility in her posts and she seems to get stuck on minor things a lot. Samac trusts her and I trust samac so I don't know yet. But I do feel uneasy about her, esp since I'm on her wolf reads.
So YK’s posts in D2 made you feel better about her? I’m not sure how sharing night info is AI. Helpful? Maybe.

There’s a chance that vissy is pocketing samacs though.
 
Honestly i keep thinking about this tally and the way the wagons went… i kinda want to put fluffy more in village side of neutrals and drop alleys from village to wolfy/neutrals.

Not feeling great about Sporty either.
You should reevaluate that.