BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are these April quotes wolfy?
my answer to everything is always tone, sorry.
translation: I'm full of hot air and just faking it looking like i'm being helpful.
SP's done so much of this "put this out there, oops someone challenged it, let me back off" kind of things. First time was with True but OMG this is wolfy.
 
Well, being almost yeeted isn't fun for sure, but could you please tell me what is it that I do (asides shady joke on D1) that keeps me on your wolf reads? Is it that I sound different/ more confident? Is that all? I'm really trying hard to get a feel for everyone in this game, and I admit that I am more trusting towards a few players (mostly the noobs, cause I've played with them before) but I'm re-evaluating my reads as well after tonight.
okay, this sounds genuine.
 
translation: I'm full of hot air and just faking it looking like i'm being helpful.
SP's done so much of this "put this out there, oops someone challenged it, let me back off" kind of things. First time was with True but OMG this is wolfy.
bro. How many times have you played with me, and heard me say the same thing every single game? I play with tone and everyone hates it but it is what it is.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found some posts to annoy Mel.

actually jk on the 3m thing. This post made me squint. Specifically the bolded. but it's tone stuff which you guys apparently don't like 😛
I guess I can’t count kras out. Hmmm. Tone sounds Village today though
genny, I voiced my Zenge concerns earlier. Tone was more wolfy than villagey and I didn't agree with the way conclusions were drawn.
Mel do you ever read anything

I never said I wanted to vote shorty. I just said that one post felt weird and I want to reevaluate her tone in past games.
Her tone sounds genuine and village. Which I know is not a reasoning you’re gonna be happy with but it’s how I play.

A wolf cannot feign tone that easily.

But then I actually read the words better and squinted a bit so I’m trying to decide if I trust gut or reading comprehension better.
hmm. This is a very narrow POE. Too narrow for as early in the game as it was. And I still don't like that mkg is on it cuz her tone sounds village.
Tone is one of those things, but I play strongly off of tone. It doesn't work well for some players. It works beautifully for others. And he has points in both the wolfy and village direction so far so we'll see where he lands.
 
I did forget about that, actually. It looked unusual. Hopefully, she can explain what the goal of that was when she gets back.
Goal: So I didnt have to go back as many flipping pages when I wanted to interpret 😂🙈

It rubs me the wrong way and I need to read again to see if i get wolf feels from it at all or if im stuck on it for no good reason
 
And with that, goodnight.

I accept bets on how many teeth I am extracting tomorrow. Closest winner gets a personalized ZOTD drawing from yours truly.
***********************
I want to win, but I don't want to win THAT 🥺
***********************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was traveling again today so I'm catching up out of order so sorry in advance for this already being more disorganized than my thought process usually is lol.
I asked about meats because I feel like she's village (see below for why) and throughout the game you've been wishy-washy on her and sometimes it feels like you're just trying to throw suspicion everywhere and see where it sticks. You gave A reason about why meats makes you uncomfortable, but its also contingent on your alley read. Do you have anything about meats individually that makes you think she is wolf/village? What were the initial things you found sus, even if its just tone, I'd like you to point it out so I can evaluate it too.

Doesn't hesitate to call out wagons that she thinks is built on faulty logic. I'd like to know exactly what she thought was reachy and who if anyone was wolf either driving that vote or sheeping.







ehh not thrilled about the vibes thing. The reasoning for voting April over Alley makes sense though.


Shows follow up reads on April and Alley with decent insight that I agree with. I'd started to get a village read on both of them end of D1/after D1.

The sporty comments seem a little sheep-like, and the fluff comments are very hedgy.



So pockety 😍 but genny and dubz both village read me and some others are. Maybe I'm better at explaining my thought process this game or people have adjusted to my baseline. Idk. Something i'm keeping in mind.



This is sound. She's generating discussion. mild feels that its the same line of inquiry I was pushing with Zuri, but I've been more active than her, it could just be I got to the question first.


This is probably the most village post from her. She noted a discrepancy, went back to investigate it, and presented the results. I think this is good village play.




This catch kind of cinches it for me. AM has frequently pushed me to consider my early wolf reads in a pack and I have to remind her that I don't usually do pack analysis until at least one flip. The fact that AM isn't thinking pack compatibility re: Meats and April, bothers me.

Meats made a pretty big show of voting April over Alley on D1 and I don't think she would bus right off the bat with no real pressure on April, so it doesn't make sense to me that AM would have both April and Meats in her top 3. This highlights what I mean by I feel like AM is "off."
Look at u tryna pocket back bb

I'd been floating back and forth on fluff but sometime yesterday I had moved them more village.
Editing because I hit the thing too soon: this is part of why I moved to ivy instead of fluff, as when I last loaded thread I just saw a three way tie with a minute left on the vote and knew if I was going to jump on another vote to not have a tie then at the very least I had ivy lower in my reads than fluff so went that way. I didn't like how forcefully that wagon built on them
The second sentence below makes it sound like there's a strongarm or someone who can go past a block, and True being described as a new player taken out by far more experienced players tracks with the idea that the wolf pack has few noobs.

"As he stepped away with one of his friends to take a break he was approached by a group of far more experienced bowlers who didnt care for him so much. Bowling balls began to reign down on him, and there was nothing even his friend could do. Bloody and battered, his will finally broke, and he floated off to that big bowling alley in the sky."
To be fair literally every player in this game is more experienced than true since it's his first game ever to my understanding. The wolf pack almost certainly has non-noobs in it but I think any wolf pack would take umbrage at being pointed at in a write-up like that and the phrasing shouldn't inspire carte blanche non-noob voting
The wagon was: April, YK, violet, jfluff, Vis, vmh
Of those people I'm worried about YK, vis, fluff, maaaaaaybe april in that order.
Can you rank them in order of how you're reading them wolfy to village?
I got weird feelings off a reads post I saw YK make last night in the flurry of close votes.
I had a side note for feels as I went

Wolf vibes- Zenge, Bluey, SP, ivymoose, fluff
Mid range - Bluey, PSV, Octo, True, Samac, vis
Village vibes- AM, Mel, Lawpy, Genny and WZ (but obvi they flipped)

Others Im not as sure or they didnt pop out as much at me. I would like to ISO violet before I vote on that. Im also a fan of sticking to my guns and may go back to ivy
Specifically the fact that blue is in two categories, the placement of zenge, and a difficult to interpret player like octo being on the list at all while half of the roster didn't stick out to them enough to have feels on yet. Their village list is also pretty uninspired. I dunno, whole thing just read super weird to me.
Ok, I understand. I forgot about the VMH comments on April vs Alley cause April hasn't been on my wolf radar at all. Her reactions and thought processes have felt genuine to me.
I wasn't bothered by VMH (except for D1 due to random comments and inactivity), until you, Lawpy and AM asked me my thoughts on them. What I mainly saw yesterday was an overall agreement with alley's posts and alley felt increasingly like a wolf who was trying to frame me. So my initial thought was that alley and VMH were a pack. Or that alley is a villager to whom I am giving wolf vibes and VMH is bussing her, since alley was the first to openly push me in this game. AM and Lawpy being concerned about VMH has put her on my POE but I admit that around the time you asked me about her I had not looked into her posts and just shared an overall feel.
Weird, I don't remember saying much about alley's reads or whether I agreed with her on things
*******************
Note to self: if cubbie tries to get everyone attending Crawfish Boil 2022 to go bowling, politely decline for safety reasons
*******************
Note to self: attend so I can see what it looks like for an ophthalmologist to kill somebody. Or just die myself. All acceptable outcomes
 
Last edited:
I just went back and looked and you're right. I don't get why she was so convinced I'm a wolf though.
from what I understand in our PM, she expected you and pubdog to not vote for her as quick as you did because she thought you had a noob bond.
which is eh.


Edit: Ivy didn't say this, I mixed up my notes
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
 
I got weird feelings off a reads post I saw YK make last night in the flurry of close votes.

Specifically the fact that blue is in two categories, the placement of zenge, and a difficult to interpret player like octo being on the list at all while half of the roster didn't stick out to them enough to have feels on yet. Their village list is also pretty uninspired. I dunno, whole thing just read super weird to me.
going to guess the weird feelings is the popcorn thing but 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Ive explained the blue thing now -- it was my way of shifting them to the middle between the two categories.

Edit - bc im dumb and forgot the main reason i quoted this..

Octo--- 1. im always skeptical of quiet people (even though I may be one) 2. followed my pressure vote for Ivy on day one but wasnt questioned for doing so while I was (made me wonder if they could be wolf and i was being questioned by wolf)
basically i had put them there day 1 and didnt have much reason to move or remove them 🤷🏻‍♀️

ps 🤷🏻‍♀️ is my favorite emoji and i will not apologize for the number of times i use it
 
I got weird feelings off a reads post I saw YK make last night in the flurry of close
I agree that YK reads and comments are weird
EDIT: forgot what I wanted to say so deleted my half sentence
Weird, I don't remember saying much about alley's reads or whether I agreed with her on things
I’d like to clarify that up until today I thought “bussing” meant quietly agreeing and not offering personal opinions but I’ve realized that it means “throwing someone under the bus” so… you haven’t bussed alley at all.
I said that cause you were liking a lot of her posts and I thought she was a wolf.
 
Village:
Animal Midwife - Still feel good about my read here. Nothing is standing out that would make me think this isn’t village AM.

samac - Still feel like there’s a villager here. I’m not seeing as much as I’d like, I know she’s irl busy, but nothing she’s posted jumps out at me as wolfy.

Lawpy - His content posts make sense. I’m following his thought process and he’s making good posts and seems like a good effort at game solving.

Aprilthearab - I liked the Ivy ISO. It was ultimately an incorrect conclusion, but the way she approached the ISO and analyzed the information read like it was a villager.

potentialsheltervet - PSV’s posts haven’t struck me as wolfy. I feel like I’m seeing a noob effort at game solving. Slight village read here.

Neutral:
justafluff - Ugh. Fine. I’ve probably been wrong. I explained my thoughts on this already, but I’m starting to think more likely village than not. Top of my neutrals.

bluestoat - I’m still unsure but I’m starting to read their posts and see a more village sided tone. I can see the game solving effort and it doesn’t look like subterfuge, it looks like a villager trying to game solve. Village side of Neutral.

violetvett - To me, the reveal and frustration rang true, but that sways me more than it should, and Lawpy’s points against it are fair. Overall I’m not sure here. But I’m more inclined to lean village here. Neutral for now though.

puppydogtor - Overall not sure. In general I think their posts seem okay though. Village side of neutral, but not by much.

SportPonies - I don’t have a clue how to read sporty. There. I said it. At think point I think I’m just waiting for some of her reads to flip to get a sense of how to read her. There’s a number of things that ping me, and I feel like I’m seeing a genuine effort at game solving in some posts, and that’s what I’m struggling with.

Melchizedek
- Mel always pings me for a majority of reasons, but his most recent reads list is something I can’t really agree with. A lot of strange reads and reasoning. I don’t get why he’s putting April in the POE for doing the Ivy ISO. She was wrong, but I don’t see how being wrong on a read most people found wolfy since D1. AM was a weird addition too. I get they were in a certain order and April and AM were lower on the list, but still it’s pretty weird.

Wolfy:
Viscernable - I’ve been reading though Vis’s posts and I’m in agreement with people’s reads and votes here. The one thing that trips me up, is that if Fluff IS village, and Vis is a wolf, why wouldn’t Vis vote for Fluff at the end of D2? I guess it doesn’t change anything overall, contributions still seem like they’re really game solving, pushes seem off in a way that’s feels too forceful and less thoughtful than I expect from village!vis.

Youngkal - I’m not seeing anything that makes me think this is a villager. There were a few things that pinged me D1. D2 wasn’t much better. I can’t make a good case for this being a village player.

vetmedhead - After wolf reading VMH I backed off yesterday because I liked some of their posts, particularly those around Fluff. If I’m following the logic of my hunch that Fluff is probably village, then I think I’ve been played.

OctopusDoctorpus - Overall I’ve seen no effort at game solving. ISO is limited and full of fluff. The last minute vote switch was super weird last night.
Whoops. Didn’t mean to leave out Alley.

Village
Alleycat03 - I had her as village from a tone read really on and I still feel like this is probably village Alley but she’s at the bottom of my village. I haven’t seen a lot the last couple cycles that make me super confident in her being a villager but nothing to make me do a 180 and change my read.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is where I'm at with my POE and in the order I'd vote for them.

YK, Sporty, OctoDoc, Blue, Visc +/- Zenge, April, AM

I'm starting to come around on Visc because yeah I gave her village points for some of her early pushes but going back over it, they're kinda superficial questioning.

Zenge idk I feel like I gave him too much village cred early. Gameplay has been villagey overall, but I'm not happy with his meats vote/push and I felt a little bit of buddying re: my noob!wolfpack theory.

April is back in POE because of the Ivy ISO but just barely.

Something about AM is off, I don't like that she's misinterpreting threadstate so egregiously, as indicated by myself and alley's correction last night. I'd vote there if people want to flip her but if I'm the only one that feels she's off, the Dubz N1 kill is enough for me to stay off of her for another day or two.
I like this post. Mel and I feel the same way about AM. I talked about this last night and I still feel like she’s misconstrued what is happening. I do agree that AM likely wouldn’t kill dubz N1, but technically the bounty game was after the noob game, and they both played in that experimental game. So it’s not a definite rule out. It’s just a bit odd, I feel like she’s 85% village and a tiny 15% of wolfiness that’s sticking out to me
 
Thinking True may have been getting somewhere that got him killed? Looking at votes he was on sporty and vis. Reasons i don’t remember may go looking.

Will be using this to answer Mel’s question once i revive my laptop 🔋
 
For pure mechanics clarification, do you think it could be True? Like could he have blocked April on the same night that he died?
It’s possible, as AM explained, but his role clearly states he had a 1x use. The flavor for both April and YK was “locked in a bathroom,” so I think it’s the same person. Based on the targets being wolfy-neutral/in the POE of many people, I do think that it is likely a villager using the jailing/blocking ability.