BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mel mentions looking into PSV, April shuts it down, and you and April turn it back on Mel.
My post was nothing about PSV. Don't go putting words in my mouth about how I have some "immediate resistance". I think Mel has been wolfish all game and I was just commenting on his play in general.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't PM much since Ivy was so busy. The only thing I remember Ivy talking about before her yeet was finalized is me pocketing her, which I find odd. Unusual that she kept mentioning it and now Mel is looking at me and they were PM partners.
That’s very strange, you re right! From what Ivy said I thought you were her pm partner.
 
My post was nothing about PSV. Don't go putting words in my mouth about how I have some "immediate resistance". I think Mel has been wolfish all game and I was just commenting on his play in general.
I know you weren’t directly commenting on psv, but wolves can and do take the “offence is the best defence” strategy of retaliatory sus to defend each other without having to directly do so.
 
I know you weren’t directly commenting on psv, but wolves can and do take the “offence is the best defence” strategy of retaliatory sus to defend each other without having to directly do so.
and you think this particular comment I made is somehow inconsistent with my game-long read of Mel in such a way that it's suddenly suspicious and indicates I'm protecting PSV?

Why would I jump on Mel for a single comment made 24 hours prior to day close to protect this supposed packmate of mine who has no significant heat otherwise?
 
I’m not sure how to read you yet.

As I said D1, the village points are largely about how your seem to be approaching the game from a curious and experimental standpoint. Not afraid to say things which may have poor optics if they help you get a read of people, and your joking about being a wolf has felt a lot less nervous than I’d expect a noob wolf to be.

I’m still confused by why you said it feels icky that there were so many votes on me. I see your post about your reasoning for voting but I don’t understand the connection to what you said in your post. But again, I struggle to see any reason for a wolf to have said it.

Yesterday you had some posts that seemed overly defensive of True and fluff that had me concerned. Today I feel worse about your tone because there have been a few posts of pre-emptively defensive WIFOM and performative “oh no I could never be clever enough to do that as a wolf”.
oh this post is interesting (sorry for the probably confusing ping, Vis, I'm finally trying to skim and catch up)

I like this post a bit better, but I think regardless it'll be interesting to come back to later when more people flip.
I think I'm still in a place where I know Vis didn't make any posts that were red flags to me in Casino so I basically don't know that I can reliably read her and I'm happy with the pressure and seeing what happens with the vote.
I'll just have to chew on some of the posts that do seem "real" before close here.

....And I'm also now tinfoiling now that Mel is orchestrating this entire game and Vis is village. I still can't see them w/w.
 
I disagree with you there
As I have with many of your points
Guess how much I care. My reads always get called weird.

I'm feeling like Mel is throwing every name that he can to the wall to see what sticks
Slow your roll. I’ve had PSV as solid village since the end of D1. I haven’t seen much talk about PSV or it didn’t register but I noticed many people easily village reading them. There’s so much resistance to a solid village bloc that it feels like there’s a deep wolf that people are overlooking. I’m re-evaluating to make sure I’m updating my reads as the game evolves.


I’ve felt psv has shown wolfhunting but April and Sporty’s immediate resistance interests me.
I have had PSV as village too but earlier someone mentioned how not inexperienced PSV sounds and that’s set off feels.
 
Guess how much I care. My reads always get called weird.


Slow your roll. I’ve had PSV as solid village since the end of D1. I haven’t seen much talk about PSV or it didn’t register but I noticed many people easily village reading them. There’s so much resistance to a solid village bloc that it feels like there’s a deep wolf that people are overlooking. I’m re-evaluating to make sure I’m updating my reads as the game evolves.



I have had PSV as village too but earlier someone mentioned how not inexperienced PSV sounds and that’s set off feels.
Did you discuss PSV with Ivy? Why would she say that PSV "knows who she is?"
 
Village:
Animal Midwife - Still feel good about my read here. Nothing is standing out that would make me think this isn’t village AM.

samac - Still feel like there’s a villager here. I’m not seeing as much as I’d like, I know she’s irl busy, but nothing she’s posted jumps out at me as wolfy.

Lawpy - His content posts make sense. I’m following his thought process and he’s making good posts and seems like a good effort at game solving.

Aprilthearab - I liked the Ivy ISO. It was ultimately an incorrect conclusion, but the way she approached the ISO and analyzed the information read like it was a villager.

potentialsheltervet - PSV’s posts haven’t struck me as wolfy. I feel like I’m seeing a noob effort at game solving. Slight village read here.

Neutral:
justafluff - Ugh. Fine. I’ve probably been wrong. I explained my thoughts on this already, but I’m starting to think more likely village than not. Top of my neutrals.

bluestoat - I’m still unsure but I’m starting to read their posts and see a more village sided tone. I can see the game solving effort and it doesn’t look like subterfuge, it looks like a villager trying to game solve. Village side of Neutral.

violetvett - To me, the reveal and frustration rang true, but that sways me more than it should, and Lawpy’s points against it are fair. Overall I’m not sure here. But I’m more inclined to lean village here. Neutral for now though.

puppydogtor - Overall not sure. In general I think their posts seem okay though. Village side of neutral, but not by much.

SportPonies - I don’t have a clue how to read sporty. There. I said it. At think point I think I’m just waiting for some of her reads to flip to get a sense of how to read her. There’s a number of things that ping me, and I feel like I’m seeing a genuine effort at game solving in some posts, and that’s what I’m struggling with.

Melchizedek - Mel always pings me for a majority of reasons, but his most recent reads list is something I can’t really agree with. A lot of strange reads and reasoning. I don’t get why he’s putting April in the POE for doing the Ivy ISO. She was wrong, but I don’t see how being wrong on a read most people found wolfy since D1. AM was a weird addition too. I get they were in a certain order and April and AM were lower on the list, but still it’s pretty weird.

Wolfy:
Viscernable - I’ve been reading though Vis’s posts and I’m in agreement with people’s reads and votes here. The one thing that trips me up, is that if Fluff IS village, and Vis is a wolf, why wouldn’t Vis vote for Fluff at the end of D2? I guess it doesn’t change anything overall, contributions still seem like they’re really game solving, pushes seem off in a way that’s feels too forceful and less thoughtful than I expect from village!vis.

Youngkal - I’m not seeing anything that makes me think this is a villager. There were a few things that pinged me D1. D2 wasn’t much better. I can’t make a good case for this being a village player.

vetmedhead - After wolf reading VMH I backed off yesterday because I liked some of their posts, particularly those around Fluff. If I’m following the logic of my hunch that Fluff is probably village, then I think I’ve been played.

OctopusDoctorpus - Overall I’ve seen no effort at game solving. ISO is limited and full of fluff. The last minute vote switch was super weird last night.
 
I think I’m going to stick with my gut on this. They only felt better yesterday after pressure was applied and some of their posts after Dubz and genny flipped, which I already highlighted and VMH pointed out, really seemed off. Haven’t really seen a lot today that’s made me feel any better, including the retaliatory vote on sporty.

Yeet Fluff
I would like to save this post and contemplate it later.
 
I already said. Their banter and back and forth here would be surprising to me as two wolves with decent suspicion on them.
A really quick skimming interaction ISO on both of them shows that neither of them have made any really strong statements of each other and almost all of their mentions of each other are within context of others and not necessarily stating a direct read on each other
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A really quick skimming interaction ISO on both of them shows that neither of them have made any really strong statements of each other and almost all of their mentions of each other are within context of others and not necessarily stating a direct read on each other
they're just doing a lot of agreeing with each other in this last page or so. I'm not talking about buddy-buddy village reading each other. Just kind of their "adjacent" (if that makes sense) conversation/reads that's going on.
 
oh this post is interesting (sorry for the probably confusing ping, Vis, I'm finally trying to skim and catch up)

I like this post a bit better, but I think regardless it'll be interesting to come back to later when more people flip.
I think I'm still in a place where I know Vis didn't make any posts that were red flags to me in Casino so I basically don't know that I can reliably read her and I'm happy with the pressure and seeing what happens with the vote.
I'll just have to chew on some of the posts that do seem "real" before close here.

....And I'm also now tinfoiling now that Mel is orchestrating this entire game and Vis is village. I still can't see them w/w.
I don’t think Mels is wolf
 
they're just doing a lot of agreeing with each other in this last page or so. I'm not talking about buddy-buddy village reading each other. Just kind of their "adjacent" (if that makes sense) conversation/reads that's going on.
Honestly I wouldn't put it past either of them to put that kind of interaction on the thread to throw people off, and their POEs are similar enough to allow for overlap of village wagons that they could potentially yeet while different enough to try to safely distance themselves
 
Did you discuss PSV with Ivy? Why would she say that PSV "knows who she is?"
Ivy and I had <10 posts in our PM since we were both kinda busy during the week.

We talked about PSV, Pubdog, Blue, and Zuri.
Ivy was most worried about PSV and Pubdog, said she would ISO them more, but never got the chance to.
Blue, she thought was playing like they were in the noob game.
Zuri - we discussed my theory about zuri and Ivy said she thought a lot of the behavior was explained by inexperience, I told her about getting burned by a noob for very similar behavior last year.
 
Wolfy:
Viscernable - I’ve been reading though Vis’s posts and I’m in agreement with people’s reads and votes here. The one thing that trips me up, is that if Fluff IS village, and Vis is a wolf, why wouldn’t Vis vote for Fluff at the end of D2? I guess it doesn’t change anything overall, contributions still seem like they’re really game solving, pushes seem off in a way that’s feels too forceful and less thoughtful than I expect from village!vis.
Does it make any difference that she voted Ivy? We're both village, and one of us went down.
 
@Zenge142
My retaliatory vote on Sporty was cause I've been reading her as wolf since yesterday. I confronted Sporty about it but haven't seen much of her today. My vote on her is based on the things True said about her. And her participation or attitude hasn't changed.
My vote on her is tentative.
I don't really feel violet is a wolf, she seemed wolfy but I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I also don't like that she's so much in the lead.
I'm inclined to vote for Ivy. But waiting to hear from her first.
@Aprilthearab why did you vote for me?
ah, to fathom that my playstyle hasn't changed because someone is suspicious of me.
Don't worry, it annoys AM too.
 
Honestly I wouldn't put it past either of them to put that kind of interaction on the thread to throw people off, and their POEs are similar enough to allow for overlap of village wagons that they could potentially yeet while different enough to try to safely distance themselves
except Visc and I have agreed on a lot of things as V/V before. I think I noted it in the first game I played with Visc how much it felt like Visc was reading from my notes.
 
Does it make any difference that she voted Ivy? We're both village, and one of us went down.
This is a good point. I had the wagon that build on your vote on the time on my mind. It felt like your vote had more momentum at the time of the vote. Maybe Vis didn’t want to vote there for the reason of spooking people already on the vote, as an example of one of the things I’m considering.
Not to mention that VMH also voted Ivy to break the tie with me. Maybe it was a coordinated move or maybe they planned it so VMH appears to be the good village tie breaker.
🤔
 
This is unconventional enough that I believe it. It just seems like far too bold of a move
Unyeet violet
Yeet fluff


I believe her role reveal
I buy it.
Unyeet violet, yeet Octodoc
Yeet Ivy

Feel even between her and fluff and selfishly I want to keep my tee around more
To all of you: why?
Especially the veterans. Why hop off a vote you previously felt strongly about for a role reveal that isn't all that remarkably AI or impossible to fake?
I'm not disagreeing with a village violet read, but I'm disagreeing with the reasoning here.

Yeah it’s making me nervous that it’s building so fast.

I also don’t like that @bluestoat said they were wolf reading fluff and is now going onto a vote without anyone else. That’s making me nervous
since when are you a nervous villager? Sure you're not wearing fuzzy pants?

Could both violet and fluff be villagers, but violet just role revealed and wolves want to go for a chance at a PR on fluff?
I'll be honest, I like this post.
 
Ivy and I had <10 posts in our PM since we were both kinda busy during the week.

We talked about PSV, Pubdog, Blue, and Zuri.
Ivy was most worried about PSV and Pubdog, said she would ISO them more, but never got the chance to.
Blue, she thought was playing like they were in the noob game.
Zuri - we discussed my theory about zuri and Ivy said she thought a lot of the behavior was explained by inexperience, I told her about getting burned by a noob for very similar behavior last year.
Happy to ISO PSV, since I haven't thought of her much until she voted against me yesterday.
 
How do you feel about April and Sporty?
April I am reading as very, very village. She's my PM partner, and I haven't gotten a single wolfy tingle from interacting with her. She's been extremely helpful to me and low-key acting like a manator. It isn't mutually exclusive with being a wolf, but she's been great. I found the ISO on Ivy somewhat incriminating but without knowing exactly who a wolf is, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that you'd swing and miss.
Sporty I'm less certain on. I'm feeling village but I don't think I've ever played with sporty so I don't know how to read her, and she led the noob game so maybe I've got those blinders on, but I'm not finding much in other people's wolf reads of her. If I had to choose I'd say sporty is village.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
April I am reading as very, very village. She's my PM partner, and I haven't gotten a single wolfy tingle from interacting with her. She's been extremely helpful to me and low-key acting like a manator. It isn't mutually exclusive with being a wolf, but she's been great. I found the ISO on Ivy somewhat incriminating but without knowing exactly who a wolf is, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that you'd swing and miss.
Sporty I'm less certain on. I'm feeling village but I don't think I've ever played with sporty so I don't know how to read her, and she led the noob game so maybe I've got those blinders on, but I'm not finding much in other people's wolf reads of her. If I had to choose I'd say sporty is village.
Careful with that, dear nooblet.
 
I know it might bite me in the butt but I'm flying by the seat of my pants outside my role PM and I feel like April is village. I've either been deeply pocketed or she is actually village.
Remind me to tell you about the time I pocketed a toddler Paws all game to win.
Not that I'm wolfreading April right now, but it's certainly something to be careful of.
 
someone mentioned how not inexperienced PSV sounds and that’s set off feels.
I responded to this earlier. I played the noob and speed games and totted BoWWnty Hunting so I'm not the noobiest of noobs. I've also been asking mod questions in my role PM and more specific questions in my PM with April.
Why would she say that PSV "knows who she is
I don't know, and this has been bugging me. Like... In real life? In the game?? I'm confused by both options.
 
It hindsight, it really didn't. Kind of just a waste, but I had a last-minute feeling that all the waffles away from violet and piling onto fluff/ivy were off. I didn't like any of the three predominant options so I quick tried to find a waffler who I've had slight pings about. Hoped maybe by some chance others had similar vote placements.
I would be very surprised to see this from a noob wolf. If Doc Oc here is a wolf, color me surprised.
 
Go ahead and tell me that the ivy votes didn’t come out of nowhere. Since when has a last minute bandwagon helped village? I have ivy in my slightly out of neutral village zone. I’d rather vote for fluff over losing my PM partner on a last minute bandwagon tie situation
this post feels like manipulative Mel, I think.
What was the game where I pointed out a post from Wolf!Mel and said it sounded wolfy and then proceeded to not vote for him, and then said I should have trusted my gut afterwards? Probably no one remembers this. I remember discussing it with @WildZoo after the fact but I'm sure she also doesn't remember since her brain retains very few things.

I want to compare to that game. I just don't remember what that game was lol. Maybe Casino too, idk what the game before that was even.

I might have been right about her to begin with and shouldn't have let the guilt trip move me
What if I stop ignoring the pings and reconsider Vis
April stop sounding wolfy on this page, it's creeping me out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure you're not wearing fuzzy pants?
1642997358500.jpeg