BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thinking True may have been getting somewhere that got him killed? Looking at votes he was on sporty and vis. Reasons i don’t remember may go looking.

Will be using this to answer Mel’s question once i revive my laptop 🔋
I think the largest reason might have been his relatively consensus village read, but if Vis is a wolf like I suspect, I think that could certainly have contributed
 
Oh and that reminds me @Melchizedek I disagree with April on your POE, she's been climbing more and more villager for me the more she posts and I don't really cotton on to your reasoning. Your AM read also feels like some paranoia. Have you considered the resistance to the formation of a village bloc is coming from inside the house? Lol
 
It’s possible, as AM explained, but his role clearly states he had a 1x use. The flavor for both April and YK was “locked in a bathroom,” so I think it’s the same person. Based on the targets being wolfy-neutral/in the POE of many people, I do think that it is likely a villager using the jailing/blocking ability.
If that was a villager who blocked me, they made quite the mistake
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to mention that VMH also voted Ivy to break the tie with me. Maybe it was a coordinated move or maybe they planned it so VMH appears to be the good village tie breaker.
This would be such good choreography that we'd deserve gold medals in the couple's skate at the Olympics next month though
psst if you think that's spooky you should join the SDN discord and see all the images in the Zenge of the day conversation
So this is what I've been missing out on by ghosting the discord
I found some posts to annoy Mel.
Well no wonder you're behind on thread
Lol I just assume everything has a rotten mouth and needs a million extractions

Two dogs and three cats = 114 potential teeth
^^^ this is correct
meats has been liking most of my posts too despite my repeated death threats.
I'm friendly, not smart
I agree that YK reads and comments are weird
EDIT: forgot what I wanted to say so deleted my half sentence

I’d like to clarify that up until today I thought “bussing” meant quietly agreeing and not offering personal opinions but I’ve realized that it means “throwing someone under the bus” so… you haven’t bussed alley at all.
I said that cause you were liking a lot of her posts and I thought she was a wolf.
This warmed my heart
I like this post. Mel and I feel the same way about AM. I talked about this last night and I still feel like she’s misconstrued what is happening. I do agree that AM likely wouldn’t kill dubz N1, but technically the bounty game was after the noob game, and they both played in that experimental game. So it’s not a definite rule out. It’s just a bit odd, I feel like she’s 85% village and a tiny 15% of wolfiness that’s sticking out to me
I remember you mentioning yesterday in our PM that her reads list didn't make any sense to you. Has any of that shifted as you've seen her post more today?
It’s possible, as AM explained, but his role clearly states he had a 1x use. The flavor for both April and YK was “locked in a bathroom,” so I think it’s the same person. Based on the targets being wolfy-neutral/in the POE of many people, I do think that it is likely a villager using the jailing/blocking ability.
This is reminding me, did it ever get clarified whether the tracking messages you and sporty got were different from one another? Last I remember reading you both said you had been followed but I didn't see anything on specific flavor text you may have gotten
 
Village:
Animal Midwife - Still feel good about my read here. Nothing is standing out that would make me think this isn’t village AM.

samac - Still feel like there’s a villager here. I’m not seeing as much as I’d like, I know she’s irl busy, but nothing she’s posted jumps out at me as wolfy.

Lawpy - His content posts make sense. I’m following his thought process and he’s making good posts and seems like a good effort at game solving.

Aprilthearab - I liked the Ivy ISO. It was ultimately an incorrect conclusion, but the way she approached the ISO and analyzed the information read like it was a villager.

potentialsheltervet - PSV’s posts haven’t struck me as wolfy. I feel like I’m seeing a noob effort at game solving. Slight village read here.

Neutral:
justafluff - Ugh. Fine. I’ve probably been wrong. I explained my thoughts on this already, but I’m starting to think more likely village than not. Top of my neutrals.

bluestoat - I’m still unsure but I’m starting to read their posts and see a more village sided tone. I can see the game solving effort and it doesn’t look like subterfuge, it looks like a villager trying to game solve. Village side of Neutral.

violetvett - To me, the reveal and frustration rang true, but that sways me more than it should, and Lawpy’s points against it are fair. Overall I’m not sure here. But I’m more inclined to lean village here. Neutral for now though.

puppydogtor - Overall not sure. In general I think their posts seem okay though. Village side of neutral, but not by much.

SportPonies - I don’t have a clue how to read sporty. There. I said it. At think point I think I’m just waiting for some of her reads to flip to get a sense of how to read her. There’s a number of things that ping me, and I feel like I’m seeing a genuine effort at game solving in some posts, and that’s what I’m struggling with.

Melchizedek
- Mel always pings me for a majority of reasons, but his most recent reads list is something I can’t really agree with. A lot of strange reads and reasoning. I don’t get why he’s putting April in the POE for doing the Ivy ISO. She was wrong, but I don’t see how being wrong on a read most people found wolfy since D1. AM was a weird addition too. I get they were in a certain order and April and AM were lower on the list, but still it’s pretty weird.

Wolfy:
Viscernable - I’ve been reading though Vis’s posts and I’m in agreement with people’s reads and votes here. The one thing that trips me up, is that if Fluff IS village, and Vis is a wolf, why wouldn’t Vis vote for Fluff at the end of D2? I guess it doesn’t change anything overall, contributions still seem like they’re really game solving, pushes seem off in a way that’s feels too forceful and less thoughtful than I expect from village!vis.

Youngkal - I’m not seeing anything that makes me think this is a villager. There were a few things that pinged me D1. D2 wasn’t much better. I can’t make a good case for this being a village player.

vetmedhead - After wolf reading VMH I backed off yesterday because I liked some of their posts, particularly those around Fluff. If I’m following the logic of my hunch that Fluff is probably village, then I think I’ve been played.

OctopusDoctorpus - Overall I’ve seen no effort at game solving. ISO is limited and full of fluff. The last minute vote switch was super weird last night.
You forgot me 😢

Also your wolf reads seem like a lot of low hanging fruit, and I tend to recall that you push misyeets on people like that when you’re wolfing. Computing some stuff now
 
SDN ate your quote about my POE @Animal Midwife

Currently reading AM, Mel, samac, alley, April, zenge, psv, pups more village
Sporty moved up to neutral as I liked her play better today and her lines of questioning and banter is reading more village to me as she gets deeper into thread.

Not as pleased today with stoatling, don't like YK, octo. I'm also understanding more what people are saying about vis but absolutely need to read more of their posts tomorrow before I firm up any real feelings. I know I am missing something here because this POE is too narrow and I think I am skimming over subtle posts during my frantic mass re-reads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoops. Didn’t mean to leave out Alley.

Village
Alleycat03 - I had her as village from a tone read really on and I still feel like this is probably village Alley but she’s at the bottom of my village. I haven’t seen a lot the last couple cycles that make me super confident in her being a villager but nothing to make me do a 180 and change my read.
Well I’m glad you finally included me. Still trying to put my finger on what exactly I’m not a big fan of with your reads. Idk what’s bothering me
 
I remember you mentioning yesterday in our PM that her reads list didn't make any sense to you. Has any of that shifted as you've seen her post more today?
Ehhhh, I still don’t like her pushes right now, probably because she’s been very clear that she thinks you’re wolfing and I just don’t feel that way. I also disagree with her about Mel, and it took a lot of thought (on my part) for us to see eye to eye about fluff and violet. Maybe my reads just suck ass rn, idk. I’m keeping her at the village-neutral area, and I’m not going to vote for her until a few more people are flipped that are actually in my POE. But Mel and I definitely picked up on the same odd thing.
 
This is reminding me, did it ever get clarified whether the tracking messages you and sporty got were different from one another? Last I remember reading you both said you had been followed but I didn't see anything on specific flavor text you may have gotten
I said everything I know. I was followed out of my area/lane (synonym for the actual word). It sounded like sporty had the same result. She thought she was tracked and not watched.
 
Village

Lawpy
Samac
Mel
Pshelty
AM
VMH
Violet
Fluff
Puppy
Zenge
April
~POE starts here~
Sporty
Stoat
Kal
Doc ock
Vis

Wolf

I need to feel better about Zenge, Samac, puppy, and pshelty. I think they’re all village, but I feel like all of them escaped my POE (and other people’s) very quickly. Too quickly
 
I will answer all questions about my reads tomorrow. I’m over an hour late to my bedtime and I have a long day of classes tomorrow 😅
 
I said everything I know. I was followed out of my area/lane (synonym for the actual word). It sounded like sporty had the same result. She thought she was tracked and not watched.
We did not have the same flavor. @vetmedhead
Lol the way I understood it was that at the end she says she doesn’t use tone to decide w or v but apparently she does 😆 probably though it means that tone is NAI
Actually, my point was mostly to tell Mel to back off because frequently calls my tone reads wolfy (edit: because he doesn’t like that I don’t have “substance”), but he should know better after playing with me for 4-5 years.

But yes, I do in part use tone to read affiliation and like I said earlier in the game, for some players it works for me extremely well (I believe I 100% read a former player with it). For others it’s a mixed bag (genny, apparently)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To all of you: why?
Especially the veterans. Why hop off a vote you previously felt strongly about for a role reveal that isn't all that remarkably AI or impossible to fake?
I'm not disagreeing with a village violet read, but I'm disagreeing with the reasoning here.
Mostly because I was already feeling more neutral about her. But also, as noted, because claiming the same role name as someone else is ballsy and I haven’t seen a wolf do it, and it was consistent with the “a strike” wording.
 
Village

Lawpy
Samac
Mel
Pshelty
AM
VMH
Violet
Fluff
Puppy
Zenge
April
~POE starts here~
Sporty
Stoat
Kal
Doc ock
Vis

Wolf

I need to feel better about Zenge, Samac, puppy, and pshelty. I think they’re all village, but I feel like all of them escaped my POE (and other people’s) very quickly. Too quickly
Why do you need to feel better about two people who are in your too village reads? (samac and pshelter) if you need more from them then shouldn't they be lower on your list?

Also why so confident in lawpy? Ngl I can't remember if I've ever played a game with him (though I think I've modded for him before in the MMeat game or something) and never know how to interpret his approach
 
Wow, I must have been really tired last night :smack: at least my math was right lol
This reminds me to schedule a dental for my dog. His sharp white pearlies are my pride and joy and I scrub his teeth with extra joy because my cats were so angry about tooth care that I caved and barely gave them any.
Why do you need to feel better about two people who are in your too village reads? (samac and pshelter) if you need more from them then shouldn't they be lower on your list?

Also why so confident in lawpy? Ngl I can't remember if I've ever played a game with him (though I think I've modded for him before in the MMeat game or something) and never know how to interpret his approach
This wolf list barely matches my reads so I'm curious to know more.
 
Mostly because I was already feeling more neutral about her. But also, as noted, because claiming the same role name as someone else is ballsy and I haven’t seen a wolf do it, and it was consistent with the “a strike” wording.
I see the reasoning but also don't discount the derpwolf approach. Claiming a role extremely similar to Mel's but 1000% more confusing in the Ireland game helped me pull a win out of my ass because the claim was so bold and stupid that people just assumed it was true

That being said I did feel the role claim felt more village than desperate wolf
 
You forgot me 😢

Also your wolf reads seem like a lot of low hanging fruit, and I tend to recall that you push misyeets on people like that when you’re wolfing. Computing some stuff now
I don’t understand how you’re shading my for my reads when our POE is nearly identical.

The only difference is you have Stoat in your POE, and I have VMH in mine, and Sporty is at the bottom of my Neutrals instead of being a full blown wolf read.

Village:
Animal Midwife - Still feel good about my read here. Nothing is standing out that would make me think this isn’t village AM.

samac - Still feel like there’s a villager here. I’m not seeing as much as I’d like, I know she’s irl busy, but nothing she’s posted jumps out at me as wolfy.

Lawpy - His content posts make sense. I’m following his thought process and he’s making good posts and seems like a good effort at game solving.

Aprilthearab - I liked the Ivy ISO. It was ultimately an incorrect conclusion, but the way she approached the ISO and analyzed the information read like it was a villager.

potentialsheltervet - PSV’s posts haven’t struck me as wolfy. I feel like I’m seeing a noob effort at game solving. Slight village read here.

Neutral:
justafluff - Ugh. Fine. I’ve probably been wrong. I explained my thoughts on this already, but I’m starting to think more likely village than not. Top of my neutrals.

bluestoat - I’m still unsure but I’m starting to read their posts and see a more village sided tone. I can see the game solving effort and it doesn’t look like subterfuge, it looks like a villager trying to game solve. Village side of Neutral.

violetvett - To me, the reveal and frustration rang true, but that sways me more than it should, and Lawpy’s points against it are fair. Overall I’m not sure here. But I’m more inclined to lean village here. Neutral for now though.

puppydogtor - Overall not sure. In general I think their posts seem okay though. Village side of neutral, but not by much.

SportPonies - I don’t have a clue how to read sporty. There. I said it. At think point I think I’m just waiting for some of her reads to flip to get a sense of how to read her. There’s a number of things that ping me, and I feel like I’m seeing a genuine effort at game solving in some posts, and that’s what I’m struggling with.

Melchizedek - Mel always pings me for a majority of reasons, but his most recent reads list is something I can’t really agree with. A lot of strange reads and reasoning. I don’t get why he’s putting April in the POE for doing the Ivy ISO. She was wrong, but I don’t see how being wrong on a read most people found wolfy since D1. AM was a weird addition too. I get they were in a certain order and April and AM were lower on the list, but still it’s pretty weird.

Wolfy:
Viscernable - I’ve been reading though Vis’s posts and I’m in agreement with people’s reads and votes here. The one thing that trips me up, is that if Fluff IS village, and Vis is a wolf, why wouldn’t Vis vote for Fluff at the end of D2? I guess it doesn’t change anything overall, contributions still seem like they’re really game solving, pushes seem off in a way that’s feels too forceful and less thoughtful than I expect from village!vis.

Youngkal - I’m not seeing anything that makes me think this is a villager. There were a few things that pinged me D1. D2 wasn’t much better. I can’t make a good case for this being a village player.

vetmedhead - After wolf reading VMH I backed off yesterday because I liked some of their posts, particularly those around Fluff. If I’m following the logic of my hunch that Fluff is probably village, then I think I’ve been played.

OctopusDoctorpus - Overall I’ve seen no effort at game solving. ISO is limited and full of fluff. The last minute vote switch was super weird last night.
Village

Lawpy
Samac
Mel
Pshelty
AM
VMH
Violet
Fluff
Puppy
Zenge
April
~POE starts here~
Sporty
Stoat
Kal
Doc ock
Vis

Wolf

I need to feel better about Zenge, Samac, puppy, and pshelty. I think they’re all village, but I feel like all of them escaped my POE (and other people’s) very quickly. Too quickly

Why are shading me for having a POE that’s nearly identical to your own?

Why are you currently wolf reading Stoat?
What has you Village reading VMH to be ~equal to AM?
 
I see the reasoning but also don't discount the derpwolf approach. Claiming a role extremely similar to Mel's but 1000% more confusing in the Ireland game helped me pull a win out of my ass because the claim was so bold and stupid that people just assumed it was true

That being said I did feel the role claim felt more village than desperate wolf
Violet fake role-claimed in the speedgame but she didn’t sound half as confident as when she role claimed here. I for sure didn’t fall for it and that’s how the village won.
 
You don’t think DocOc, Vis or YK are wolfy?
DocOc, Vis, Alley/Sporty (one or the other), perhaps Mel if Alley, Meats- my list is kind of branchy and what-if right now. I'm watching the YK read without comment because I don't know the player well and don't think I have a good grasp on this game. But yeah, ~50% match doesn't seem very overlapped to me
 
DocOc, Vis, Alley/Sporty (one or the other), perhaps Mel if Alley, Meats- my list is kind of branchy and what-if right now. I'm watching the YK read without comment because I don't know the player well and don't think I have a good grasp on this game. But yeah, ~50% match doesn't seem very overlapped to me
Could you explain what the bolded means?
 
Could you explain what the bolded means?
SparkNotes is that Mel seems like he's not wolfhunting super well and is focused on criticizing your reads as very out of touch, and my impression (without an ISO or close look because busy) is that he and Alley are tag-teaming on agreeing on different reads, or at least liking suspicions I don't quite align with
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SparkNotes is that Mel seems like he's not wolfhunting super well and is focused on criticizing your reads as very out of touch, and my impression (without an ISO or close look because busy) is that he and Alley are tag-teaming on agreeing on different reads, or at least liking suspicions I don't quite align with
I’m not sure who pointed that but I saw the behavior you re describing more with Mel and vis, than alley (alley was away most of yesterday and started interacting with the thread pretty late). I initially had Mel village leaning, but I don’t like the suspicions he started throwing around at people. I also don’t like that Mel has stirred away from Vis, and vis hasn’t really commented on Mel… so I don’t really see what alley sees in him. The only post that felt genuine from him is the attempt to save Ivy.
 
Why do you need to feel better about two people who are in your too village reads? (samac and pshelter) if you need more from them then shouldn't they be lower on your list?

Also why so confident in lawpy? Ngl I can't remember if I've ever played a game with him (though I think I've modded for him before in the MMeat game or something) and never know how to interpret his approach
Meaty pls, we played in Ireland