BPS Compounded Sterile Preparation Specialty Exam

Started by Groke
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Groke

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone going to sit for the BPS compounded sterile preparation exam in fall 2019?Besides the USP 797 and 800, what other study materials you would use to prepare for the exam? Thanks for the sharing!
 
I'm considering taking the exam. I would be using USP <797> and USP <800> as you indicated, which seem to cover nearly all of it. Also "the Courses in Sterile Compounding" 33-hour CE credit course from critical point. The bps website has the content outline which mentions specific organizations, which provide guidance on CSPs, so I'm going to make sure I know the regulations and standards each one of them promulgate that relate to the content on the outline. They are FDA, DEA, CMS, OSHA, NIOSH, USP, ISMP, CDC, ASPEN, ASHP, ONS, INS.

I feel like the content outline for the Compounded Sterile Preparations Exam is specific enough that it's actually a very useful tool to guide our studying. It sounds like it's geared towards a 503B facility, so if that's where you work, it should be straightforward. Of the people on the specialty council writing the exam, three are from hospitals, two from university, one home infusion, and one 503B.

Good luck!