BR bio passages vs. EK 101 vs. TPR bio passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyBravo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will get EK 101 but I want another to supplement. Which do you suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

I will get EK 101 but I want another to supplement. Which do you suggest?

If these are your only choices, I'll chose TPR science workbook (if you could somehow get your hands on that) or the EK 1001 Bio. I personally haven't used either, but from suggestion others have given these two were great. If your talking about Review books... EK is thin and is only good if you need a quick breeze through after knowing the content (otherwise great) whereas TBR and TPR are more thorough reviews but will take a long time to read (hard if you are planning to take the test soon).

Economically, I'll chose EK if you just want bio practice b/c they are relatively cheap... but if you want a good holistic practice book for all sciences, I'll try to find a princeton review science workbook from a friend or ebay.

If these are your only choices, I'll chose TPR science workbook (if you could somehow get your hands on that) or the EK 1001 Bio. I personally haven't used either, but from suggestion others have given these two were great. If your talking about Review books... EK is thin and is only good if you need a quick breeze through after knowing the content (otherwise great) whereas TBR and TPR are more thorough reviews but will take a long time to read (hard if you are planning to take the test soon).

Economically, I'll chose EK if you just want bio practice b/c they are relatively cheap... but if you want a good holistic practice book for all sciences, I'll try to find a princeton review science workbook from a friend or ebay.

Thanks for the reply, i don't take it for a while. i'll try to get the TPR workbook. Would you recommend TBR bio passages? HOw do they compare to TPR?

Thanks for the reply, i don't take it for a while. i'll try to get the TPR workbook. Would you recommend TBR bio passages? HOw do they compare to TPR?

You can search the MCAT forums just to verify this, but many say that the one TBR book they can do without is their Bio.

Members don't see this ad :)
I prefer Kaplan or EK for bio review.

I just did not like how TPR was set up for the bio review.
I do recommend the TPR science workbook. I find it very helpful.