BR error? Chem chapter 9 (question #7)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipodtouch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the answer choices, we come across choices B and C, which are identical aside from a negative sign.

In the answer to the problem, it states that "the rates of change for compounds A and B relative to compound C must differ by a negative sign." Indicating that the answer should have a negative sign.

Then they pick the answer that is positive?

What? What am I missing here?
Clearly an error?

Members don't see this ad.

In the answer choices, we come across choices B and C, which are identical aside from a negative sign.

In the answer to the problem, it states that "the rates of change for compounds A and B relative to compound C must differ by a negative sign." Indicating that the answer should have a negative sign.

Then they pick the answer that is positive?

What? What am I missing here?
Clearly an error?

Might want to give us the question and answers.. impossible to tell based on what you are saying alone.

Edit: I looked at my book. What you are missing is that the question asks "Which assumption is NOT true?

It MUST be a negative since ll answers involve 1 reactant and 1 product. C is the only answer without a negative, which makes it NOT true, and therefore the RIGHT answer.