Brainstorming/Suggestions for Supplemental App Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oregonian19

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I was hoping to get some suggestions or ideas for a question I have come across in several supplemental applications.

Although the actual question varies, there is a common theme: diversity. Philosophy and experiences.

Historically, I have had a hard time answering this question because -- to be honest -- I'm the antithesis of diverse because I'm a white male from a middle-class background and grew up in an environment with a very homogenous white/middle-class demographic.

I can speak to my own beliefs, but I have a hard time with the experiences. Additionally, I want to avoid being offensive or speaking from a place of privilege. Any help would be greatly appreciated and do not hesitate to ask further questions!

Thanks!