Position Available Brand new IM Residency in Florida accepting applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

New I.M. Residency in FL!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are very excited to announce that Blake Medical Center has received notice of initial accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) to sponsor an Internal Medicine residency training program with 45 slots. Our inaugural class of 15 Internal Medicine residents will begin training in July 2016. We are in the process of getting this new program set-up in ERAS and NRMP. We are posting updates about the application process and program info on our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/BlakeGME/. Interested candidates should refer to that page for the most up to date information.

Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida. Known for its balmy weather, Bradenton is centrally located on Florida’s west coast between Tampa and Sarasota. The area is surrounded by waterways, both fresh and saltwater. Along the Gulf of Mexico and into Tampa Bay are over 20 miles of beaches. Bordered on the north by the Manatee River, Bradenton is located on the mainland and is separated from the outer barrier islands of Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key by the Intercoastal waterway.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
We are very excited to announce that Blake Medical Center has received notice of initial accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) to sponsor an Internal Medicine residency training program with 45 slots. Our inaugural class of 15 Internal Medicine residents will begin training in July 2016. We are in the process of getting this new program set-up in ERAS and NRMP. We are posting updates about the application process and program info on our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/BlakeGME/. Interested candidates should refer to that page for the most up to date information.

Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida. Known for its balmy weather, Bradenton is centrally located on Florida’s west coast between Tampa and Sarasota. The area is surrounded by waterways, both fresh and saltwater. Along the Gulf of Mexico and into Tampa Bay are over 20 miles of beaches. Bordered on the north by the Manatee River, Bradenton is located on the mainland and is separated from the outer barrier islands of Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key by the Intercoastal waterway.

At this time, are you accepting transfer applicants from other specialties applying outside of the match?

Hello radsswitch - Currently we are only accepting ERAS application for new PGY-1 applicants and will be participating in the NRMP Match. Thanks for your question and I hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello.

I've applied to your program just today. Haven't heard back yet but I am interested in knowing if invites are still being sent? I have above average scores in all exams. Your location is one of the major attractions for me along with other attributes of the program. Would be great to hear back from you.

Hello.

I've applied to your program just today. Haven't heard back yet but I am interested in knowing if invites are still being sent? I have above average scores in all exams. Your location is one of the major attractions for me along with other attributes of the program. Would be great to hear back from you.

Thank you for your interest. We are still reviewing applications and will be interviewing through Feb. 22.

I got it and PD told me he will, rank me high.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I wonder if you have filled all the spots yet?
thank you

Are you open for post match applications if there any slots left?