Brazilian butt lift death

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLoneWolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

This story is all sorts of weird.

Any physician can perform plastic surgery in NY?

Surprising that they advertise no BMI limit.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure any licensed physician can practice cosmetic surgery. Sad case. They cheaped out and also didn't use an anesthesiologist.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm pretty sure any licensed physician can practice cosmetic surgery. Sad case. They cheaped out and also didn't use an anesthesiologist.
there is a reason why anesthesia services are expensive. they help prevent **** like this from happening.
in this case it looks like patient was given conscious sedation with what i imagine are mega doses of benzodiazepines and opioids
i doubt patient went home awake and alert, she was probably groggy as hell, hypoxemic and then hypoventilate spiral to death. The hypoventilation and acidosis would have made the local anesthetic injected all the more toxic.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aside from the lethal combo of meds given to this girl (which may have contributed to her death), a BBL is very dangerous procedure in the wrong hands. I work with several plastic surgeons who perform the procedure and they were telling me that in Florida there have been multiple deaths due to one surgeon. The BBL itself is dangerous because if you get into any of the larger vessels in the glutes you can shower fat emboli, resulting in fat emboli syndrome and/or massive PE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 1 user
"Hold my beer"

Guy in this case was Peds.

But these ladies had no medical training:

As bad as the faux “surgeons” are that are offering this garbage, how ****ing stupid do you have to be to agree to undergo this procedure in someone’s house though? And it’s not even cheap — it’s still over $3000! Darwinism at its finest.

Reactions: 4 users
There was a dentist in my residency city who had a pretty brisk business doing cheap breast implants. I think most of his clients were clueless college girls. It was really sad for them sometimes when they came out wonky.

• Wow
  • Hmm
There was a dentist in my residency city who had a pretty brisk business doing cheap breast implants. I think most of his clients were clueless college girls. It was really sad for them sometimes when they came out wonky.
that is absolutely crazy
i hope action was taken on that dentist's license
wtf is wrong with these dentists?

Must be getting old...who the hell would want to do *that* to themselves?.....

Reactions: 3 users
that is absolutely crazy
Considering the lack of regulation around in office dentist administered sedation and GA, I’m betting the dental board has no intention of policing these types of things.

Considering the lack of regulation around in office dentist administered sedation and GA, I’m betting the dental board has no intention of policing these types of things.

Dental board doesn't need to be involved. This is practicing medicine without a license. The BOM should take action and have the dentist prosecuted.

that is absolutely crazy
Apparently it’s allowed in several states. I remember hearing him advertising on the radio, I think it was like $500 per implant so $1000…

Members don't see this ad :)
Naturopaths are doing plastic surgery stuff in AZ! I was looking for some other article and found this

Nothing natural about doing that. I thought naturopaths do herbs and supplements and b.s. wtf is this

Reactions: 1 users
Wanting to make money is natural.

That letter from the naturopath board essentially sums up why titles and training matter.

Naturopaths call themselves physicians after they lobby legislators for the title. And by doing so they circle back to the title whenever they commit egregious acts they have no training or knowledge to perform and claiming some sort of equivalency to MDs. Real physicians call them quacks.

Last edited:
That letter from the naturopath board essentially sums up why titles and training matter.

They call themselves physicians and they lobby legislators for the title. Real physicians call them quacks.
Oh, I agree. I didn't even see this in the news in AZ. I just stumbled upon this article. They and so many others should NOT be doing those procedures. I have a friend who is a naturopath and a PA. She said people she went to naturopath school with call themselves "doctor," but she refuses to. She wanted to have the natural background you mentioned before, and she learned to do acupuncture with it.

Last edited:
No anesthesiologist would ever involve themselves in this quack surgery case. So who is doing the anesthetic? And are they using herbs, spices and meditation?
So what one of my friends has told me, she's an RN who works in a medispa and has had lipo done by a vascular surgeon in the outpatient setting, is she got a dose of Ativan before getting the lipo done. (I wouldn't say no anesthesiologist would involve themselves in this. This is Phoenix. Phoenix is weird... That being said, I don't know of any who do procedures with naturopaths.)

So there was another death a few days later using the same combination of medications???!!!! WTF😡.

• Wow
Shocking
Naturopaths are not physicians and they are most certainly not surgeons

We are physicians and we don't claim to know how to perform surgery. And here we have naturopathic quacks who call themselves physicians (laughable) who don't know what they don't know (clearly) who also think the title let's them doing anything within the realm of medical care despite no training. And is entirely incongruent with their philosophy of natural alternative treatments. I think that speaks enough into their delusion.

Reactions: 3 users
#1---https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-trp-001&ei=UTF-8&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=trp&p=Dentist+doing+breast+implants&type=Y143_F163_201897_102620#id=1&vid=4f0cb38ef0697a4a81cebee69ff944ad&action=click

#2-- This one is clearly OUTSIDE of the Dental Practice Act in my state!!!!
#2.5--However, my state only has 2 enforcement officers and they tend to go for the "low hanging fruit".