Break time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Mike Bagwell Yeab a 3.5 isn’t bad. It’s within range and it’s a “good spot” to be in honestly...

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, Goro taking an SDN hiatus almost feels like losing a father-figure for a little bit! :(

Reminds me of the time my dad got sent to Azkaban for a while. He did eventually escape, but those months in between definitely felt weird!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
giphy.gif

but hope you come back soon.

I miss that guy. My favorite adcom here.

Reactions: 7 users
My first son will be named Goro.

Reactions: 11 users
He's pretty helpful for WAMC advice and knowing where to best apply [as long as you are ok with having honest advice that may Gore your feelings)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
We should start a Goro Memorial Scholarship.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As Gorowannabe, I am kind of lost without him. Luckily there are a few other mentors who add to my knowledge daily.
(In case you are wondering, he was honored how I chose my moniker - I did want to make sure he knew that I chose it out of respect!)
But I guess he needed a break. And he guided all of you through the bulk of this very long process...
What would you have done if he had taken a break back in January???
There would have been a lot of 911's for panic attacks.

Reactions: 9 users
AFAIK, he's just taking a break. I hope he's having a good time. I miss him, too.

Call me crazy, but I always thought there was something going on between you two... maybe some love or flirting over SDN?

king.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I’m naming my future cat Goro

Reactions: 2 users
He'll be back. He's taken a break before. I imagine he will only be gone for a month or two.

HE’S BAAACK
0114812D-C8ED-4497-80BE-2A88C73B7B7B.gif

(Just saw him “like” something lol)

Reactions: 13 users
Founds this statue of Goro (circa 500 BC):

16le9lw.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else notice that @Goro is not really gone? He be lurkin, liking people's posts and such. Low profile - just collecting his data to go crazy on us in a month when he 'returns'

Reactions: 5 users
Going to be sorely missed. Definitely one of the best premed resources out there for honest advice. Thanks for taking all the time you do to give it!

Anyone else notice that @Goro is not really gone? He be lurkin, liking people's posts and such. Low profile - just collecting his data to go crazy on us in a month when he 'returns'
He went incontigo mode on us

Lol, he was actually gone until recently. His profile showed his last date of activity.

Reactions: 1 users
As I've stated before, I have a 512. I don't have anywhere near a 4.0 but I am above a 3.5. From what I observed during my app cycle, I don't believe people will have much success with allopathic programs if they are bringing mediocre stats to the table and think that other aspects of their application will get them in. I even advocate to limit EC's and spend more time on MCAT prep. It is my belief that I got in because of my MCAT and the consistency of my GPA. If the MCAT was lower, my GPA would not have saved me by itself though even though it did demonstrate academic excellence over my four years of undergrad work.

I don't believe greater than 90% of the pre-meds that post on this forum are who they say they are or have the stats that they say they do. If I could get a message across to those few people that peruse the boards who do have the stats to get in but don't believe they will get in, then I think my effort was for a good cause.

Even I was told with my stats that getting in would be "hard" but when you go through the process yourself you'll see who knows what they are talking about and who has been spending too much time on SDN.

I don't believe getting into medical school is "hard." I do believe that it is a process with checkpoints. If you can't clear those checkpoints, then you just won't get in no matter how much you think you will make a great doctor.

@Goro has good advice. I suggest you guys take notes and then put together an application with that advice as your foundation.

The rest of the pre-med forum is for humor.

What year did you apply