Breaking OUCOM's contract?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you're able to break it, but how much does it exactly cost?

Members don't see this ad.

I know you're able to break it, but how much does it exactly cost?
It changes year to year, but generally it's about the same as a year's tuition.

Edit: Also, if you go the HPSP route, you would do your military obligation first, then you would have to return to Ohio to fulfill your OOS contract obligation.

It changes year to year, but generally it's about the same as a year's tuition.

Edit: Also, if you go the HPSP route, you would do your military obligation first, then you would have to return to Ohio to fulfill your OOS contract obligation.

So 20 to 40k?

Members don't see this ad :)
So 20 to 40k?
I don't know the exact number, but when I spoke to someone there when I considered applying, he said it was about a year's tuition. For some reason, the number 50k sticks out in my head, but I'm not 100%.

I forget the numbers the spokesperson for OUSOM gave me, but it was enough to politely put the brochure back on the table and nicely excuse myself.

Oh...lol. How has your app cycle gone?

Could have been better. I honestly should have gone with my gut feeling and done an MS or worked for a year before applying. Every single interview I went to had people who either have advanced degrees or military. I'm just a normal living guy who wants to do what he loves for the rest of his life. That unfortunately is the wrong answer.

Could have been better. I honestly should have gone with my gut feeling and done an MS or worked for a year before applying. Every single interview I went to had people who either have advanced degrees or military. I'm just a normal living guy who wants to do what he loves for the rest of his life. That unfortunately is the wrong answer.
Where did you end up applying? iirc you didn't apply to ACOM WVSOM KYCOM LMU or LECOM-E. I can understand leaving LUCOM off but these were ok choices...I bet you would have been accepted or at least sitting on more waitlists if you added these

Reactions: 1 users
That was your mistake... Every question they asked me during the interview, I tried to incorporate primary care into my answers and it worked... I am interested in psych, but I heard it can be considered as primary care. Therefore, I did not lie.

That was your mistake... Every question they asked me during the interview, I tried to incorporate primary care into my answers and it worked... I am interested in psych, but I heard it can be considered as primary care. Therefore, I did not lie.

Right, I don't grovel well and I have never cared significantly for what others have perceived me as because in time my actions speak loud enough.

Where did you end up applying? iirc you didn't apply to ACOM WVSOM KYCOM LMU or LECOM-E. I can understand leaving LUCOM off but these were ok choices...I bet you would have been accepted or at least sitting on more waitlists if you added these

Well I don't like humidity, I don't like rural ( See that as not being within an hour of a city) , and I don't like snow more than 3-4 times a year.

I also didn't have a DO lor.

Last edited:

Im surprise you did not get in. However, did you not apply to ANY lower tier schools?

I wouldn't blame it on the lack of MS work or military.

Also, the lack of a DO letter doesnt help a ton.

DO you feel the interviews went well?

Im surprise you did not get in. However, did you not apply to ANY lower tier schools?

I wouldn't blame it on the lack of MS work or military.

Also, the lack of a DO letter doesnt help a ton.

DO you feel the interviews went well?

Most of them were decent. Two of them were awful ( one of them was to a place I wouldn't have actually attended. like legit I would have taken the year over them).

And really, you'll be surprised how many advanced degrees and Army ppl will be in your interview group. Your great adventures in undergraduate really aren't going to be such memorable stories against a I served for this country and etc. Or the I've gotten straight A's in my MS in physiology program and thus will spend your first year being top 10th percentile.

And really, I did apply a bit too top heavy. But my intentions were to stay within reasonable locations that I and my partner could mange in. It's not like my partner is going to be able to get a programming job in rural LMU.

Last edited:

Agree, your lack of military or masters isn't your issue, it's that you're too selective. You didn't have the wrong answer; you didn't allow yourself to say it in front of the right people. If you are serious about 2015 odds you may have to get out of your zone and apply to places not on the top of your list. You put yourself in a pretty slim geographic zone if you'll cut out humidity and frequent snow...
Best to you in 2015.

Agree, your lack of military or masters isn't your issue, it's that you're too selective. You didn't have the wrong answer; you didn't allow yourself to say it in front of the right people. If you are serious about 2015 odds you may have to get out of your zone and apply to places not on the top of your list. You put yourself in a pretty slim geographic zone if you'll cut out humidity and frequent snow...
Best to you in 2015.

Yah, I've expanded my selective zone a bit. Though, with some luck and a favorable PS section I may be able to get into a stronger school.

Reactions: 1 user