Bringing girlfriend to second look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is that ok? I don't know if most people just bring their spouses or parents? My parents can't make it.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're serious, then yes.

My gf is with me on a second look as we speak. :laugh: Unfortunately, the school cannot accomodate guests at the events, so she is kind of stuck while I'm at the school.

Call the school to see how they work involving SOs, I already knew in advance that she wouldn't be attending the info sessions and stuff.

If you're serious, then yes.

My gf is with me on a second look as we speak. :laugh: Unfortunately, the school cannot accomodate guests at the events, so she is kind of stuck while I'm at the school.

Call the school to see how they work involving SOs, I already knew in advance that she wouldn't be attending the info sessions and stuff.

Yes I am serious, I ask because we are allowed to bring a guest, but there's info sessions for parents or spouses, not really anyone else, but she would be able to do the other stuff with me, I just didn't know if there's like an unwritten no no or something. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I am serious, I ask because we are allowed to bring a guest, but there's info sessions for parents or spouses, not really anyone else, but she would be able to do the other stuff with me, I just didn't know if there's like an unwritten no no or something. Thanks!

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Bring your pet Sparky too.

would you bring sand to the beach?

:D j/k

i saw wives and fiancees, but no girlfriends.

Uh, showing up for Second Look with Mom and/or Dad is a social taboo. Don't do it. You are in Big Boy and Big Girl world now.

Uh, showing up for Second Look with Mom and/or Dad is a social taboo. Don't do it. You are in Big Boy and Big Girl world now.

why not, they are paying for a good part of it, they should see where their money is going to. I feel like maybe its taboo to bring parents to things when you are a teenager, but at this point in my life, I feel confident in myself enough to not be embarassed by my own parents.

my mommy is coming to mine...absolutely nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

interesting-i never knew parents could come to stuff...how do you reconcile staying with a student host then? lol

why not, they are paying for a good part of it, they should see where their money is going to. I feel like maybe its taboo to bring parents to things when you are a teenager, but at this point in my life, I feel confident in myself enough to not be embarassed by my own parents.

Is your mother hot? Does she like microbrews? If so, I suppose it would be ok to take her out for beers with the gang after the main med school social event is over.

I never considered bring parents, but last year a lot of people brought theirs to the second look for my school.

In terms of bringing a girlfriend: if it's serious enough to where she'd relocate to be with you, then yes. I'd want to see where I might be living in the future. I'd say it's up to her whether she goes to the actual school with you - if she has to spend time with wifes/husbands and that might make her uncomfortable (since she's not your wife yet), then she shouldn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're already accepted, then you can bring anyone you'd like. That said, I wouldn't bring my parents. Seriously, you're going into med school. Got to cut those apron strings at some point...

If you're already accepted, then you can bring anyone you'd like. That said, I wouldn't bring my parents. Seriously, you're going into med school. Got to cut those apron strings at some point...

Holy Mother of Abraham Lincoln. You are so right. Bring your mother to Second Look? I am only 27 and I feel like I belong to another generation entirely. Fine, take Mom with you during your residency interviews and take her to lunch with the attendings. Jesus.

There are usually a few events/presentations for spouses. Often they can't participate in a lot of the other events, though. (And to be honest, it might be good to meet your future classmates on your won, first.)

I've never seen anything for parents. Personally, I would not bring mine.

I was going from Buffalo to Chicago for an interview and my mom asked me if I needed her to come with me :) She's so cute. I've been living on my own for years.

Anyway, bring your GF if you want. Who cares? Frankie says Relax.

I wonder how many people who have said or will say "I wouldn't bring my parents because I am a grown up!" are actually still living off their parents right now or will continue to receive money from their parents in the future. LOL @ financially dependent grown-ups. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Mom, Dad, I need a plane ticket to second look. Btw, you don't need to buy one for yourself, just buy one for me. I'm a gown-up now. *Pulls up own diaper* See, I told you. I'm a big kid now."

I wonder how many people who have said or will say "I wouldn't bring my parents because I am a grown up!" are actually still living off their parents right now or will continue to receive money from their parents in the future. LOL @ financially dependent grown-ups. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Mom, Dad, I need a plane ticket to second look. Btw, you don't need to buy one for yourself, just buy one for me. I'm a gown-up now. *Pulls up own diaper* See, I told you. I'm a big kid now."

Good point. Hopefully, everyone is potty trained by now.

spouses, fiances, and serious gf's = sure. parents = kinda weird but every family's different.

as an aside, some kid brough his parents to their interview at VCU when i interviewed there. it was so weird... this guy's parents were sitting there with us waiting at the beginning of the day... it still sticks out in my mind at it was over 6 years ago :)

It would be fine to bring the gf as long as the school allows guests.

I don't think it's weird to bring parents especially if they're helping to fund education costs and/or pay for living expenses. If I was a parent, I'd want to know what my money was going towards and would also like to make sure my son/daughter was going to a decent school in a decent area (for peace of mind).

You guys are already potty trained?! :scared:
Should I take a kaplan or princeton review prepcourse on this?

Perhaps. I think the goal is 90 percent success rate when you sit on that toilet seat. As I recall, my mother actually gave me a little book to read when I was a small boy sitting on the pot, it was not Curious George, but a creature like Curious George. Now I just read the sports page, but reading is good, along with a strong cup of black coffee, early in the morning.

Perhaps. I think the goal is 90 percent success rate when you sit on that toilet seat. As I recall, my mother actually gave me a little book to read when I was a small boy sitting on the pot, it was not Curious George, but a creature like Curious George. Now I just read the sports page, but reading is good, along with a strong cup of black coffee, early in the morning.

TMI.

go study or something.

You guys are already potty trained?! :scared:
Should I take a kaplan or princeton review prepcourse on this?

i chose princeton review because each subject is taught by someone who really knows it, rather than one person teaching all the subjects. one person can't possibly know the finer points of clothes removal, positioning, wiping technique, and hand-washing!