Bringing luggage to interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to leave right away after the interview to catch a flight and won't have time to go back to the hotel. Can I store my luggage at the interview site? Is that expected or should I email the program coordinator or secretary beforehand to ask if it's ok?

Btw I don't have fancy rolling suitcase, just a small duffel bag so hopefully that's ok too

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it's generally ok to do this; they know some people will need to go straight to the airport.

It also would be ok to email and confirm this with the program coordinator if you are worried about it.

I had to go straight to the airport at my interview. I did email the PC first though to make sure it was ok. She said that many applicants bring their luggage and they were completely cool with it.

I would ask the PC if you unsure. I've seen a statement along the lines of 'leave your luggage at the hotel due to limited space' buried in an attachment about a program's suggested hotel.

Yup, not looking forward to having to go back to the hotel. I probably wouldnt have asked and just brought the luggage if I handt read the fine print. Now Im trying to decide whether to call and check if I could bring it anyways and put it somewhere else since its only a carryon.