Brown Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue128K

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2nd Brown Committee meeting was today... supposedly decisions are supposed to be online tomorrow. Anyone else anxious to hear the news?

Members don't see this ad.

2nd Brown Committee meeting was today... supposedly decisions are supposed to be online tomorrow. Anyone else anxious to hear the news?
are you kidding?????!!!!!!!!

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:. Did you interview on Nov15? :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Nah, I was a 11/29 interviewee...I've been checking today to see if it was up early haha....trying not to be compulsive and crazy, but it's hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, I was a 11/29 interviewee...I've been checking today to see if it was up early haha....trying not to be compulsive and crazy, but it's hard.

so they discussed 11/15 and 11/29 interviewees today?

Yep. We were told that they only have had one committee meeting so far. So anyone after the first are all lumped into the second. I guess they only have like 4 committee meetings all year, so they run through multiple interview days per meeting.

The meeting was 12/20 and decisions should be posted on 12/21.

Good Luck!!!!! :luck:

Yep. We were told that they only have had one committee meeting so far. So anyone after the first are all lumped into the second. I guess they only have like 4 committee meetings all year, so they run through multiple interview days per meeting.

The meeting was 12/20 and decisions should be posted on 12/21.

Good Luck!!!!! :luck:
They told us that the meeting was 12/21, not 12/20 at our interview. And decisions aren't up yet (at least for me), and they said that they'd put up decisions that night. So, i'm pretty sure it's actually tonight.

Hmm....Yea, they told us the meeting was 12/20, but my decision isn't up yet either. Oh well...guess I'll have to wait til later tonight.

Hmm....Yea, they told us the meeting was 12/20, but my decision isn't up yet either. Oh well...guess I'll have to wait til later tonight.
Yeah they told us the meeting was 12/21 at 8pm and they'd update statuses online right afterwards. I thought it was really strange to have a meeting that late on a friday of a holiday weekend, that's why i remembered it.

Decisions are up now - or at least mine is. I'm on the waitlist. No email yet, just a change on my status page. Here's the link in case anyone needs it:

https://selfservice.brown.edu/ss/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

(Sigh - and the roller-coaster keeps on coasting. Even with multiple acceptances I'm excited for, each decision that doesn't go my way is such a slap at my ego. Good luck, everyone.)

Boooo I am on the Waitlist too. Well at least we were told that 50% of the people placed on the waitlist will be taken off. :rolleyes:

I am on the waitlist as well. I am not as upset though, because my interview went terribly and i was 110% sure i was going to be rejected, so i feel like a waitlist is so much better than i was expecting. good luck to everyone on it getting off of it!

I am with you guys, waitlisted! :(:(:(:scared::scared::(:(:(. Major, major downer! Was hoping for some holiday cheer, but I guess not with my luck:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, seems like a lot of wait lists. They told us this, but it makes me feel better to think that maybe they were serious about half the people getting accepted post-wait listing.

Wow, seems like a lot of wait lists. They told us this, but it makes me feel better to think that maybe they were serious about half the people getting accepted post-wait listing.

I think they want to be careful not to over-accept people, which I think happened 2 years ago when they went on the accepting spree:). I guess they want to make sure they accept those who would attend

But still, doesn't make it any easier for us :(

Does anyone know when the next Brown adcom meeting is? I know they only have 4 total, and Round 2 was in late December it seems.

The next one maybe is in late January? Is that too optimistic?

Does anyone know when the next Brown adcom meeting is? I know they only have 4 total, and Round 2 was in late December it seems.

The next one maybe is in late January? Is that too optimistic?

They told us they would meet on Jan 24 (interviewed Jan 3). :)

Bump.

Anyone waiting to hear from Brown today? I think they said that decisions would be posted by this evening. I really hope my interviewers submitted their evaluations in time for me to be considered at this meeting.

Bump.

Anyone waiting to hear from Brown today? I think they said that decisions would be posted by this evening. I really hope my interviewers submitted their evaluations in time for me to be considered at this meeting.

they told us at my interview day (jan 3) that the committee would meet today but decisions would be posted sometime tomorrow. did they change the decision time at your day?

They're usually pretty good about posting decisions immediately after the meeting. last month's were up hours earlier than they told us to expect them. Good luck everyone!

they told us at my interview day (jan 3) that the committee would meet today but decisions would be posted sometime tomorrow. did they change the decision time at your day?

I interviewed on the 17th. I remember them saying that they were meeting today, and that the decisions would also go up today after the meeting. At which point Barbara Fuller pointed out that they had an afternoon meeting today, and Dr. Weiss corrected himself to say that the decisions then would probably go up in the evening rather than the afternoon.

So are decisions made today or tomorrow ... are they sent out tonight?

So are decisions made today or tomorrow ... are they sent out tonight?

decisions are/were made today. at my interview day, they told us they would be up tomorrow, but bonsai says this evening. last time acceptances went out in december, the committee meeting was on a thursday and decisions were up around noon on friday...

i have a feeling theyll be up tom around noon

good luck everyone, my old boss is at brown med admissions!

decisions out. who's in?

I'm in! For some reason I was expecting an email, not just a status change.

Whooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Okay, I'm done. I made it in. :) :D