BRS Biochem or Kaplan Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedgeek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is better for Step 1??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm reading kaplan biochem and am LOVING it. IT goes in such a nice order and is causing everything to fall into place.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to break the chain of positive reviews for RR biochem, but my vote goes for kaplan since it covers some cell/molecular. it may look bigger, but i covered half of it in a day, and i tend to go slower than most.

Definitely Kaplan Biochem over RR.

Have both (and Lippincott's).

I hated how biochem was taught at our school, so I needed to study biochem a little more than the average med student. Of the three, Kaplan Biochem is your best bet for board prep purposes.

Now, if you're only planning on studying biochem for a couple of hours... then no source is worthwhile. You might as well not bother studying biochem. But if you can devote a day or two... you can finish the kaplan book and imo it would be worth the effort. It does a great job presenting the pathways in a clinical context.

I've been thinking about getting RR biochem. I'm planning on doing biochem for a couple days, and I suck at it. Would RR be a good choice or would something else be more appropriate? Otherwise, I have Lippincott's from class, but that book is huge.

Also, the review for RR biochem on barnes and noble mentioned a huge amount of errors. Anybody with the book have problems with this?

I would love to hear opinions on BRS biochem too.

Thanks so much!

Geez OP...this is the second time you asked about BRS vs. something. Throw away BRS...do kaplan, RR, FA, anything. None of the BRS anythings have helped me, ever.