brs path/goljan/boards and wards path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nprap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have these 3 books. Should I study the 3 of them for the test?

Members don't see this ad.

NO, that would be nuts.

Pick one and learn it.

If I were you, I would pick Goljan

Thanks for your reply. FA ranks brs path as the best path book. I wouldn't feel too confortable not going through it at least one time. Would it make sense to go through it one time, but do most of the studying with goljan?

Related to this: if I learn goljan well, plus FA very well, could that be enough to do okay in the test?

Thanks for your reply. FA ranks brs path as the best path book. I wouldn't feel too confortable not going through it at least one time. Would it make sense to go through it one time, but do most of the studying with goljan?

Related to this: if I learn goljan well, plus FA very well, could that be enough to do okay in the test?

First Aid was printed before people had a chance to review goljan. While BRS is good, and many people have rocked the exam with it, I say pick one and stick with for most of your learning.

If you want to skim BRS that can't hurt, but it is repetition that counts and trying to learn the same stuff from many different sources will hurt your score.

Also, Goljan is money when it comes to USMLE, I am suprised the NBME hasn't sanctioned him........he is giving away all their secrets!

If you want to do very well, I would throw in BRS Phys, Micro Made Simple and the a question source.

(Please keep in mind I haven't even taken the test yet, this is just what I hear - an I just limited my book list to the same ones I told you about. I may read HY Neuro, HY Molec, and HY Behavior - but that's it

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing is that I have used brs in the past for reference, and have already read several chaptes, that is what's keeping me attached to it. But at the same time I wouldn't want to miss out important things that would potentially be in goljan and not in brs. Thx for your advice with phys and micro, i will definitely throw in brs phys for quick review, not so sure about mmrs.