BRS Path vs RR Path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaoTo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone that has already taken the Step feel that BRS Path (plus reading the margin notes, blue boxes and image descriptions in RR path) is more than sufficient for answering path related questions on the actual exam? For some reason I am able to retain more using BRS Path (maybe because of the Key icons and questions) than with RR (which takes me forever to read and digest- maybe because of those damned tables).

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same issue last year --- I had trouble learning from RR and actually found it overwhelming because of the length. I opted to use BRS Path and thought it was perfect!

I asked a similar question about a month ago. The resounding answer was: Goljan is Legend. I have yet to read either myself, but I am just passing along 10 posts worth of information.

Does anyone that has already taken the Step feel that BRS Path (plus reading the margin notes, blue boxes and image descriptions in RR path) is more than sufficient for answering path related questions on the actual exam? For some reason I am able to retain more using BRS Path (maybe because of the Key icons and questions) than with RR (which takes me forever to read and digest- maybe because of those damned tables).

I haven't taken the exam yet, but I've been in the same predicament as you. BRS works better for me in retaining information, simply due to its sentence format. However, I feel guilty passing up Goljan. So I listen to Goljan's audio which is filling up that guilt..i mean gap nicely. I think the blue margins in RR pretty much repeat alot of the audio, which is the highest yield material.

But I don't see why BRS by itself wouldn't be sufficient enough to do well on the exam. Many seem to have done exceptionally well using it.

Members don't see this ad :)
E ven a person who already took step 1 can predict which book is better to review,I am reading both,which more focus to RR.:cool: