BRS/Pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiz knot

Legendary Dr. X
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happened to the BRS pathology thread?

I want to know if it is enough?

Members don't see this ad.

brs path is a great book for reviewing right before test time. but i also liked having my robbin's for in depth pathogenesis and clinical sequelae. if you're slacking, brs can be enough, but i wouldn't recommend it.

TheFlash said:
brs path is a great book for reviewing right before test time. but i also liked having my robbin's for in depth pathogenesis and clinical sequelae. if you're slacking, brs can be enough, but i wouldn't recommend it.
How did you do path already flash? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
skiz knot said:
What happened to the BRS pathology thread?

I want to know if it is enough?

It is an excellent resource, but I would definitely supplement it with some other stuff. Webpath for pictures, and the tutorials are pretty decent. I would also consult a text ( Robbins, Harrisons), or go online to know the major pathologies ( think HIV, SLE, Alcoholism related path.) in much greater detail. I find Goljan audio to be an excellent companion to the BRS as he focuses on alot of pathophys. where the BRS is lacking. He also ties in pertinent labwork that the BRS leaves out. It is also a nice break from staring at text all the time. While FA path is barebones, it has some key info. that the BRS omits...ie. relevant stains for the various neoplasms, associated diseases with neoplasms etc.

lisa13579 said:
How did you do path already flash? :confused:

hey lisa. my school splits path into "general pathology" first year and "pathophysiology" (along with organ system blocks) second year. so we began our descent into path in M1. :horns:

why did the previous thread get locked?

What's the latest edition for the POCKET Robbins?

Skiz-

I just picked up the ol' Lippincott Illustrated Review book. I cannot comment on how informational quality, but it's actually a digestible read, if you are looking for a smooth breakdown of things. Pretty pics too.

dc

brs path is a great resource. for flash cards, the brs cards are not that good. the lange flash card series is very solid though...i would buy these early during second year and start using them so that boards review will be a cake walk. they are better organized than the brs book even, and have all of the high yield info on the back of each card.

bigdan said:
Skiz-

I just picked up the ol' Lippincott Illustrated Review book. I cannot comment on how informational quality, but it's actually a digestible read, if you are looking for a smooth breakdown of things. Pretty pics too.

dc

Pathology???