BRS Physio->falling apart-->new copy for free??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
if my brs phsyio fell apart like many others out there, how can i demand/order a new one for free/exchange?
thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

mine is too! It totally pisses me off because I paid like $32 for that book. There was a thread about this earlier - and people suggested to take it to kinko's to get it photocopied.

I returned mine to the store where I bought it and got a new copy, which is not falling apart.

Members don't see this ad :)
My NMS physio seems to be coming apart pretty easily too. Only need it to hold up for a few more weeks (crossing fingers)

A few fellow classmates went to Kinkos and got these books spiral bound. It only cost a few bucks and they are remarkably sturdy. Plus it looks easier to study that way.

thanks for the suggestions. ill try my bookstore first. if that fails, ill go to kinkos. thanks.

I actually talked to the Publishers at the AMSA National Convention last week about the books falling apart. They admitted they had binding problems specifically with the Phys BRS and that the problem has been fixed. You can return it to them for a free replacement even if it has been highlighted and written in.

If you bought the book from amazon, do you just send it back to Lippincott? Do you know what address we should send them to?

Thanks

contact Amazon for the return info.

Thanks. I'll try that - but I guess that also means I'll have to part with the book. :( Maybe I'll do it this summer, when this stupid class is over.

Elysium said:
Thanks. I'll try that - but I guess that also means I'll have to part with the book. :( Maybe I'll do it this summer, when this stupid class is over.

You order a new copy and when it arrives, return the old one (call first to be sure they will accept the return).

MeowMix said:
You order a new copy and when it arrives, return the old one (call first to be sure they will accept the return).

Do I just order another one from amazon? Should I email them first? What address (email or otherwise) should I send it to? I got this book in October, so I'm not sure if they'll accept it. I guess I could also call Lippincott...

Elysium said:
Do I just order another one from amazon? Should I email them first? What address (email or otherwise) should I send it to? I got this book in October, so I'm not sure if they'll accept it. I guess I could also call Lippincott...

UPDATE: I WENT TO MY BOOKSTORE AND THEY GAVE ME A NEW ONE IN ABOUT 10 SECONDS. THEY ACCEPTED THE PAGES FALLING OUT AS A MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT.