What are free gov benefits medical students can take advantage of

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1139574

I know in some states medical students can sign up for Medicaid instead of going for the student healthcare insurance plan. Anything else? I don't think medical students can be on EBT or food stamps anymore, unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad.

Med students can get almost $100k in loans without having to go through underwriting...

Seriously though, I had some married classmates with multiple children and they had Medicaid and foot stamps. And family help.

If you don't have kids, then you really shouldn't need those benefits as your loans should be more than sufficient. But there are whole threads on the ethics of being on government programs as a med student and there's no reason to rehash that debate here.

Med students can get almost $100k in loans without having to go through underwriting...

Seriously though, I had some married classmates with multiple children and they had Medicaid and foot stamps. And family help.

If you don't have kids, then you really shouldn't need those benefits as your loans should be more than sufficient. But there are whole threads on the ethics of being on government programs as a med student and there's no reason to rehash that debate here.
This didn’t answer OP’s question at all…

Members don't see this ad :)
I know in some states medical students can sign up for Medicaid instead of going for the student healthcare insurance plan. Anything else? I don't think medical students can be on EBT or food stamps anymore, unfortunately.
You may be eligible for SNAP. Some of my classmates qualified for food stamps. You can always see if you qualify, never know.

Look into the affordability connectivity program, if you qualify for medicaid, they will pay for your internet bill/phone bill( not sure about the latter)

Med students qualify for food stamps at my school (in Cali)

Reactions: 1 user