BS section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quiksilver87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been hearing that the real MCAT (BS section) bases their questions more on the passages than on prior knowledge. The AAMC tests seem to follow this trend, but the TPR tests are the exact opposite.
For the people that have taken the actual thing. What are your suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I got that sense also, although I only took one TPR test, the free online one. I think the best bet (as others have/will say) is to take tests from as many different sources as you can. The rote knowledge will help you on the discretes. They will also help jog your memory about various topics that might turn up on the actual test. Even though TPR tests are heavy on prior knowledge and come close to straight memorization, try looking for overarching concepts within each passage that you can study.

is the princeton review situation also present in kaplan tests?

thanks

you best use the passage as much as you can no matter whose the test giver.. thats the reason the passage is there.

medical schools dont care if you know how an aldol condensation works, but they care that you are able to infer from the passage you read how it might work in different conditions.

Exactly, logically speaking, if you would only have to know how the aldol condensation works, then everyone would ace the test.