BSS anyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know BSS (board simulator series) has been talked about in numerous threads before, but just wanted to see if anyone was adding it to there study plan this time around. Im trying to figure out if its worth it to dedicate maybe 2 weeks to going thru bss or put that time towards something like Usmle world instead. Any thoughts or input would be a great help.

Members don't see this ad.

I know BSS (board simulator series) has been talked about in numerous threads before, but just wanted to see if anyone was adding it to there study plan this time around. Im trying to figure out if its worth it to dedicate maybe 2 weeks to going thru bss or put that time towards something like Usmle world instead. Any thoughts or input would be a great help.

I'm planning to go through all the BSS books. I've got them scheduled for a week/week and a half before the exam, so if I feel behind on qbank or with studying I may not do all of them. I'm planning on doing one book per day.

I'm planning to go through all the BSS books. I've got them scheduled for a week/week and a half before the exam, so if I feel behind on qbank or with studying I may not do all of them. I'm planning on doing one book per day.

that's quite impressive if you can go through each book a day... it's possible, just a lot of patience I guess.

If you wanna tackle BSS I would start it earlier rather than later. 3850 questions are tough to do in a couple weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
that's quite impressive if you can go through each book a day... it's possible, just a lot of patience I guess.

I originally had my schedule so I was going through one book in 2 1/2 days, but I think for the way I do questions that would be too much time. I just happen to go through questions quickly...I've been doing USMLEWorld and USMLEasy questions and tend to do a 50 question block in about 20 minutes. Since my days during boards study are planned to be 8 hour days plus 2-3 hours in the evening, I'm thinking I should be able to get through 770q a da, especially since these questions are really just add-ons and I won't be heartbroken if I don't get to them at all.

I originally had my schedule so I was going through one book in 2 1/2 days, but I think for the way I do questions that would be too much time. I just happen to go through questions quickly...I've been doing USMLEWorld and USMLEasy questions and tend to do a 50 question block in about 20 minutes. Since my days during boards study are planned to be 8 hour days plus 2-3 hours in the evening, I'm thinking I should be able to get through 770q a da, especially since these questions are really just add-ons and I won't be heartbroken if I don't get to them at all.
I agree, sometimes, especially in the beginning when you are using questions to LEARN (for which BSS is perfect for), you can FLY thru questions because you are only trying to see how the questions is phrased, what the answer is and if its missing from your notes (if so, add it in).............I would avg about 3 questions per min and got thru 1800 questions in a day (about 12 - 14 hrs straight).......finished BSS over one weekend and now all the info is my notes/head

dont take too much time for questions in the beginning of your prep, that comes later with usmleworld etc, for now, focus on learing and adding info into your notes