Bss Cd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cristagali

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I was lucky enough to be given the BSS CD. How many questions are on it? One month enough time to cover it and Q-Bank? If idopathic sees this, I'd like your opinion. Thanks!:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Did I give it to you?;)

4000 questions, and remember, some people say it is "overkill". I take that to mean that if you are doing 70%+ on BSS, you are in good shape.

Look at it this way. You will know 25% of the questions cold, and probably wont even be fazed. You will know 50% of the remainder after some work, and half of the rest you should be able to narrow down. That leaves about 20% that you will really be stumped on, I think, and these are the ones that you will have to put some time into after answering them. The others shouldnt take much time. Working the questions isnt the dificult part for me, but learning why I missed them is.

I dont think one month is enough time, without driving yourself crazy. If you are testing in June, I would start now, doing 50Q's a day or every other day, to get ramped up. Same with Qbank, although you should start a bit later with it (since it costs$). Keep in mind you will be reading also, I would think.

Thanks for the input. 4000 questions...sweet! I'll use the BSS (about 50 questions a night after my daily reading.) I'll do Q-Bank later probably a month and a half before test date (End of April, Beginning of May) I did one test tonight to see how it was. The format is pretty different from current USMLE, but the material was very good, somewhat high yield, so I think this will really help me out. I appreciate the feedback. I guess you're studying for Step 2 so good luck! ciao!

My take on the BSS is that it is definetely tougher than qbank and most likely the real thing (comparing to past shelf exams). There arent many gimmies, like there will be on the actual test (I HOPE!!!!) I am only answering the questions at about a 62% clip with only a 1/3 of the questions left but i am learning a lot of information on the wrong answers. I dont know how well you need to average on BSS to get a good USMLE score but its prob >65

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Cristagali
Thanks for the input. 4000 questions...sweet! I'll use the BSS (about 50 questions a night after my daily reading.) I'll do Q-Bank later probably a month and a half before test date (End of April, Beginning of May) I did one test tonight to see how it was. The format is pretty different from current USMLE, but the material was very good, somewhat high yield, so I think this will really help me out. I appreciate the feedback. I guess you're studying for Step 2 so good luck! ciao!

No, I Havent taken Step 1 yet. I tried to make sure everyone knew this, but I have done a LOT of research on this, and our professor knowns a lot about the USMLE structure and content, and he happened to write some of BSS, so that is why I know a lot about it.

We are in the same boat i think...PM me if you learn anything along the way;)

idiopathic....

i saw a copy of the BSS cd for sale. i guess the one i saw was the one made in 2000. is that the most recent? like the previous posted stated, it seems like the format is outdated, but you're saying the content is still good?

cool...thanks!

Some people say that the material is too much. I think the interactive testing with the CD is the best of any program out there. And I think it was put out in 1997. the questions are the same, and most of the material holds up well.