BU advanced standing 2016-2017 admission cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, can anyone please tell me whether BU accepts candidates with only part 1
In continuation with the earlier question, I scored a 99 on TOEFL, should I sit for toefl again as BU states 100 as a competitive score

Members don't see this ad.

Ny update? New Invitations?

Members don't see this ad :)
In continuation with the earlier question, I scored a 99 on TOEFL, should I sit for toefl again as BU states 100 as a competitive score
Hey a friend of mine asked Boston... They said competitive score is 100 but score should be more than 84. So I think you can because she did too.

Hey a friend of mine asked Boston... They said competitive score is 100 but score should be more than 84. So I think you can because she did too.
Thanks Odont , do you have any idea whether does Boston accept candidates with part 1?

Thanks Odont , do you have any idea whether does Boston accept candidates with part 1?
hey, sorry i don't have much idea. But i read in some other forum that atleast 80% interviewees had cleared part 2

Hi, can anyone please tell me whether BU accepts candidates with only part 1
Hey sorry I didnt see ur query earlier.
I have heard of applicants being accepted with part 1 and toefl less than 100. But I do believe the reason has to be that their profile on a whole was strong as in SOP , LOR and work experience. Having high toefl (>100) and part 2 increase your chances but to what extent that can't be predicted.

Hii guys, is it okay to apply for Boston now considering deadline in dec?

I guess its okay as they just started with review and iv calls .

Hey sorry I didnt see ur query earlier.
I have heard of applicants being accepted with part 1 and toefl less than 100. But I do believe the reason has to be that their profile on a whole was strong as in SOP , LOR and work experience. Having high toefl (>100) and part 2 increase your chances but to what extent that can't be predicted.

My stats are: BDS, MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery), India.
Work experience post MDS is 4 years, volunteer a dentist in Canada for since 6 months.
3 publications and more than 10 conferences attendance. 2 poster and 2 paper presentations.

NBDE 1, TOEFL 99.

My stats are: BDS, MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery), India.
Work experience post MDS is 4 years, volunteer a dentist in Canada for since 6 months.
3 publications and more than 10 conferences attendance. 2 poster and 2 paper presentations.

NBDE 1, TOEFL 99.
Do I stand any chance

Do I stand any chance
Hey your stats look great , you deserve a call from BU. I think you stand a better chance then fresh graduates applying with minimal experience.
All the best.:thumbup:

Hey your stats look great , you deserve a call from BU. I think you stand a better chance then fresh graduates applying with minimal experience.
All the best.:thumbup:
Thanks for the wishes drKJ

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I want to apply but I'm having trouble getting recommendation letters from my faculty. My school has a new owner and majority of previous faculty were forced to quit. The only letters I can get are from faculty that never taught me. Any advice?

Hey guys. I want to apply but I'm having trouble getting recommendation letters from my faculty. My school has a new owner and majority of previous faculty were forced to quit. The only letters I can get are from faculty that never taught me. Any advice?
LOR is supposed to be written by someone who has supervised you in clinical and academic set up, so you can't use a letter from faculty who never taught or trained you.
also most schools have a requirement of 1 letter to come from Dean of the institute you graduated from. Advise to you would be to contact BU and tell them about your case and may be they can let you use LOR from ex-faculty/Dean of the school OR you can just get letters from the ex-faculty ,their position might have changed but they are still dentists who can submit an evaluation for you.

What kind of questions do they ask in interview? How should one prepare?

Any new invites?
No idea, with all the silence here it's down to assumptions and guesswork.
If they haven't called the 2nd batch yet then it's likely they will call 27 oct iv batch in coming week , 3 or 4 oct. (if they follow last year thread):thinking:

Someone posted on FB group that he is invited for 11/3 batch... they already called till November.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did he share the date he received iv email, also do u knw whether they are having iv every week or alternate week?:nailbiting:

Last edited:
Did he share the date he received iv email, also do u knw whether they are having iv every week or alternate week?:nailbiting:

No i don't recall anything like that.. but i know 1st batch was interviewed on 29th sept (yesterday) . People posted that on FB.

No i don't recall anything like that.. but i know 1st batch was interviewed on 29th sept (yesterday) . People posted that on FB.

Hi DT19, what FB group are you refering to? please let us know so we can monitor for updates there as well.

:xf:

Last edited:
Anyone here got an I.V? please let us know

Hi DT19, what FB group are you refering to? please let us know so we can monitor for updates there as well.

Its a CAAPID 2017 group on Facebook its has 2000+members.

just got the iv invitation yesterday, date 17 nov. hope others best luck!!:)

Guys share your stats. It doesnt affect your iv or anything

How many batches are being called usually for BU?

How many batches are being called usually for BU?
10 to 11 batches, I have heard they iv around 100 applicants averaging 10 per batch.As they already called 5 batches by nov,Atleast 5 more wud be called next year.

Its tuesday! Any new iv call?

Any new updates? Acceptances or new invitations?

Any idea upto how many batches have they finished interviewing?